HybridZ

where do i put the fpr?

v8dats

i have i stock turbo motor in my z.the pump i had on it quit working.if i get a more powerful pump where do i mount the regulator at?what happens with the stock regulator?what kind of pump can i use?i am trying to get this thing running again. the turbo also has a cable running inside the car with a knob on it.is that for adjusting the boost?

if i get this thing running descent i'll save up for an sds unit.

if i get a more powerful pump where do i mount the regulator at?what happens with the stock regulator?
What regulator are you referring to? You should be able to replace the pump only and continue using the stock FPR. You only need to replace the FPR if it is bad or you need an adjustable one. Hi-po EFI pumps are expensive. If you are looking for a low-cost alternative, do a search as this was discussed recently.

the turbo also has a cable running inside the car with a knob on it.is that for adjusting the boost?
Unless you have some whiz-bang electronic boost controller, that cable is probably a boost-sensing (vacuum if you like) hose connected to a bleed-off valve for adjusting the boost. If it is, I suggest you be careful with it and make sure it does not become disconnected or opened up too wide.