HybridZ

7th injector?

Guest Anonymous

hmm not too sure about that . The controllers he's talking about actually meter fuel according to rpm and booste levels. if you wire in one injector off another youd be rich at idle just right for a very short time and still not enough fuel under certain booste conditions.. not too mention resistence issues . AM i wrong????

Guest Anonymous

well, I had a HKS Aic for my rx7, and it was just about the cheapest way to get that kind of control, I ended up selling it to one of my friends with a sr20. I dont know about tapping into another injectors signal...that doesnt sound like the best of ideas, although it may work

I think it can work, altough I have never tried it. You will never get the fuel spot on though. I have read about it being used in turbo cars with a switch (hobs, i think) that opens the injector only after a certain boost level has been reached. Cheep way to do it.

Douglas

Guest Anonymous

You could probably tap into the other injector wires mentioned and just use like a Mead switch that will turn that injector on when the boost reaches the switches limit. If you require it to be RPM sensitive too, you'll probably need to buy one of those high priced controllers.

One of my more favorite sites is a guy with a twin turbo ford that is carbed. He fires a extra injector using a switch (I asked him where it was from) from a heating/air conditioning supply place. Its adjustable and I guess pretty cheap.

Regards,

Lone

PS: Same thing Doug said, sorry Doug, I guess I should read all of the replies before posting... :rolleyes: