HybridZ

tbi seems to shut down

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My daily driver is a 93' chevy (350 tbi). I put a new battery in it yesterday, and it now dies/won't start. I've got spark, 14-15psi from the pump (i was watching the gauge when it died). If I dump a little gas in the throttle body, I can get it running. It will continue to run if I keep the rpm's up over 1500. I kept it up at 1500+ until it warmed up and let it drop to idle. It seemed fine, so i let it go until this morning. It occasionally starts for me, but will die suddenly, and not want to start until I pour some fuel in the throttle body. Does this sound like a regulator problem? ECM? Please help, the weather's turning bad tomorrow, and I won't drive my Z in bad weather! Thanks.

14-15 psi sounds low so I would check the spec on it. After changing the batt. the computer returns to a running base program and will adjust as u drive it. If the press. is at or near spec, don't think it is, than the troubleshooting begins. Pressure before and after the regulator should be checked. IMO!! rockon.gifhail.gifsour.giffrown.gif