HybridZ

twin injectors?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

..i saw a post on here (if i understood it right)about welding up some bungs on a n/a manifold to have it accept injectors.....and that it was pretty easy.....?...

...i was thinking (if it's do-able)....welding up(filling) the stock inj holes and then go back and machine "2" in its place?

(or putting some kind of "tee" in each injector hole)....

...then get one of those rebic4 (or whatever) extra injector controllers (that does 6-8injs) and have it run the second injector(on each port)...instead of firing it down the intake.....

..if so i could make the "second set" stock injectors (everybody who has upgraded has a box of 'em laying around) and get my 500cc that way........???

...of course it'll take 2 fuel rails and stuff...

but do you think it could be done?...realistically? if so any body know any machinist who might do it?..

.......s

it can be done. Ive seen it done on high horsepower applications. i was considering taking the intake manifold from a triple carb set up and welding injector bungs. You can use some engine management setup to control all the injectors or use something like sds to control the primaries adnd some type of additional injector controller for the others. to add that much fuel though youd need quite and engine to use it all. even if you stayed with all stock size injectors.

Guest Anonymous

oh yes....

...mine will never be modified enough to use "all" of it...but i like keeping the stock ecu...and the inj-adders are 1/4 of the price of the sds etc (that i'm not smart enough to figure out anyway)..i just want "more gas"....(or @ least thats what i think i want.....). the tricky part would be finding some body to do the intake right.....s

Guest Anonymous

yeah ..i think i'll start out that way...(just firing them down the throttle body)....but i think it would be better to have the fire into the intake...have you used one (or know someone who has)?...s