HybridZ

Bosch Fuel Pump For Turbo

Guest Tom Scala

Guest Tom Scala

I just found a Bosch part # 0 580 254 972 that is suppose to be a very high output/pressure pump but how do I verify this. Is there a catalog or application chart available for these?

Tom

I'm not sure but you might try to locate Bosch on the net (or a main distributor for Bosch). Give them the PN# possible year made and maybe they might show mercy and bless us with there wisdom on output etc. information.

my 2 cents & change :D

Len

As far as I know, there are two Bosch high performance EFI pumps. One is smaller than the other. I have the smaller of the two, and I had it flow tested at 42psi, and it was maving enough fuel for 650HP :eek: . Kinsler fuel injection sells them for a decent price (I think I paid around $225 for mine). I'm not sure of the part numbers, I could look. Contact me if you need the info.

Pete

Guest Anonymous

why not pick up a walbro 255LPH high pressure fuel pump? they can handle being ran around the 80 PSI mark with out problems which can come in handing for high boost turbo applications and should flow more than enough fuel fopr most needs. and the best part is you can pick it up from a the local shop for around $120. pretty good deal in my opinion.

Guest Tom Scala

I know there is alot of good info in the archives on this topic but I can't seem to get the search function to go back far enough to find it. I'm running the Ford Van EFI pump now and it works fine untill I try to go over 13psi with my 420cc injectors, then it seems to be maxing out. If I try to program more fuel in the SDS the duty cyle goes up but the mix stays the same. Up to about 11 psi it works fine,I've heard this is common with the small diameter electric pumps. After doing some research I've decided to go with a Bosch due to their high quality and I remember a post on here listing part numbers,flow ratings and price but I can't find it now. Anyone using a Bosch and if so what model do you have?

The following info is from a magazine, the Bosch part # is first.

0580 254 942 ... 390 bhp max

0580 254 975 ... 455

0580 254 984 ... 520

B580 152 460 ... 600

The 460 is the Bosch Motorsport pump, and is huge, and very expensive smile.gif

I use the 984 pump on my 320 approx bhp engine which is probably overkill but as advised by someone who should know you should have a BIG safety margin. To give you an idea, the 984 was used with the Porsche K-Jetronic system.

There is another German brand ? around which is supposed to be pretty good, and cheaper than Bosch.