HybridZ

Fuel pressure

Arif

A little back ground info. I have a bosche fuel pump that is suppose to be good for 500HP. I also have a bosche adj. fpr. At idle the fuel pressure is set at 36psi, when I get on it (8-10psi of boost) the fp goes down to 30-32 psi. I know it is getting lean when it does this so my next question is: what fp range am I suppose to be at under boost say 8-10psi?

Not sure exactly on the fuel presure, get an air/fuel ratio meter and see how the car is running under boost, this will allow you to adjust to your needs.

It is possible that you are seeing the presure drop because of lack of power to the fuel pump. Look at your voltage/amperage when under boost.

Is the AFPR an OEM part off of some car? I would like to find one cheaply. Also, does the pump come off of a car that I might find in the yard? I know that BMW's have Bosch pumps, but I'm not sure wich one would be good for say around 250hp or so.

Your base fuel pressure should be 37 psi. that means under boost of 8 psi, you should have 45 psi of fuel pressure. You either have bad wiring (very bad wiring) to your pump, or your pump truly can't deliver. A stock Z pump can do 8 psi over base, so I'd be real suspicious of that pump.