HybridZ

Fuel Feed Line where drainplug is?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yeah like Mike said, also there is a chance of pin holes in the fuel line back there by the tank that suck in air. I saw this mentioned on another Z owners website. It would run great till gas got to a certain point and then starve. He had the tank out and repaired twice I think it said before he figured out what was going on. I'm not sure where the hole(s) were, I think its down toward the pickup in the fuel tank. After fixing that it was fine. Old fuel systems get a bit pursnickity over time with grit and crap that gets in the tank along with condensation making it want to rust, old fittings corode and bam, your walking... :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I put a fuel filter right before my fuel pump on the feed line. It doesnt show any rust whatsoever. I did coat my tank with eastwoods kit, and it looks fine from the inside

Guest Anonymous

I was curious to see if any of you were using the drain plug as your feed line. My pickup must be bad becaues I can only drive 25-30 miles after I fill up with gas before my car will crap out on me when driving. Fill it up and it is fine. :rolleyes: .

I know its in the front and may have a problem with fuel starvation when really low on gas because it isn't baffled, but how are you guys fairing. thanks

It sounds to me like you have crud in the bottom of your tank.Have you ever checked it? When you fill the tank, it moves the crud around, and clears the pickup hole. As it settles down, it piles up infront of the pickup hole again. Just a guess, but that is what it sounds like.

I don't know that I can be of much help. I've run fuel injection setups in cars where I used the stock carb pick up where I could get down to a 1/8th of a tank and then would have to fill up if I wanted to run strong around corners.

With my drain hole pickup I only need like a 1/2 gallon of fuel to run.

Could your filter before the pump be too restrictive? You might want to consider using a screen type filter there. Also, the manufacture of the fuel pump should have suggested ways of mounting, follow them. Follow the way your pump was installed in the car it came out of if you pulled it out of another car.

You may find that this is a pump problem that is hard to explain unless you just swap it out. There are no reasons that suggest you should have a problem.

Stankmod.jpg