HybridZ

converting from AFM to MAS??? why not?

Sparky

I just thought I'd add my .02 here and say that the I'd be happy to get something to replace the the flapper door on my car. Not only is the thing restrictive is just plain ugly. i have no dought that just replacing the AFM w/ a MAS should show some improvment in power just through less restriction alone. Any adjustablilty would be great. One thing I would like to request if we are doing that is to be able to richen the mixture or lean it. This would be great to be done with a knob in the car but, it would be great to have a switch you could just flip to change from gas miser to full blow drag car. That way your not having to mess with the settings while tring to get ready for a race or something. Kinda like juice just hit the switch and go.

I put my AFM out in front of the radiator to have more room before I put the JWT system in, and I liked the room, but the AFM did not like being that far away from the turbo. I had a hardtime when it was cold and I first started the car, and response problems also.

I can say that having the MAF vs the barn door is a night and day improvement. the responsiveness that I gained was well worth the price. You could also consider swapping in the harness, MAF, injectors , and ecu from a 300 zxt and run that. I am sure it would offer better drivabiity than the 280zx stuff.

Stand alones are great, but you have to know what you are doing to have one. If you don't, you will have to pay someone everytime you have a problem, and you have to have a laptop to tune them. An upgrade to a different ECU and MAF will easily compensate for different conditions, will have stock like reliabilty, and will run fine. Mine has compensated for everything I have done to it, and when I upgrade my turbo, it will compensate for that too. I have no piggyback things on my car, but I do have a Bosch adjustable fuel pressure regulator that allows me to change the fuel pressure while maintaining the factory set 1 pound increase in fuel pressure for each pound in boost. So far I have not adjusted it from its stock setting though.

JWT has lots of cars out there that freakin haul ass with ecu's they have modded with different MAF's. If you want bigger injectors than what they typically offer, just tell them and they will work with you. I may upgrade to 550's one of these days.

I would go after one of the infinity boxes now that has two timers in it so you can run sequential fuel injection on 3 cylinders. My box is like quasi sequential in that under 50 percent, it fires the injectors 3 at a time, versus 6 at a time in the stock set up. Since it only has 1 timer, when it reaches 49 percent, it fires all 6 injectors. A box with two timers would still onluy fire 3 injectors all the time, which would give you better mileage, and drivability. They have done an infinity box on a 300 single turbo.

If you call out there and want to know, talk to Clark. Forget Jim and those other guys, Clark is the guy who will break it down for you and tell you the straight scoop.

That is my .02. Feel free to send me an email any time about the setup I have or what it runs thru the 1/4 mile. It is not slow.