HybridZ

ques. for those who have wolf 3D

Guest Truesprite

I have a wolf 3D and I'm very pleased with it. As far as the cartridge, you can switch beteen the internal map to the cartridge while you drive. What I usually do is have a map I'm playing with in the cartridge, and the one I drive with internal. When you turn the wolf on it comes up running on the internal map.

Later,

Pete

javascript:void(0)

cheers

I'm using it on my `72 w/7m-gte engine. Haven't driven the car yet, but the system was easy to install and I was able to get the engine running quickly.

The hand held LCD is great for tuning in your map on the fly. I've got the new v4.0, Pete Sanders is running his L28ET with the Wolf3D v3.0 and loves it (2nd gen rx7 coils and igniters).

It's priced half of what the Electromotive setup is, and I don't think electromotive has anything to justify the price difference. Electromotive include their own coil packs and igniters, but those things can be found pretty cheaply. I'm using 3 2nd gen rx7 coil igniters, the coils that are found mounted with the igniters are great coils, but I stuck with the ones that came with my engine, since they are great as well, and mount well on the engine.

With an electric air bleed off valve you it can control your boost. Also has a couple aux outputs and inputs that can be used for anything you can put your mind to. It can drive most OEM idle valves. I've heard they are working on an upgrade that will have temperature maps for most OEM water temps, which is pretty cool. I'm using the VDO one that came with the kit. I had my magnetic type cam possition sensor pickup modified to work with the system, pretty easy just had to cut off a couple teeth off of the stock one.

The system supports full sequential for a 4 cylinder setup, but for higher cylinder #'s you use the oposing cylinders as if they were the first group. Max # of cylinders it can drive is 12, and it can control staged injectors as well. If you have more than 4 cylinders you have wasted spark, where the ignition is fired on the exhaust stroke as well, but I don't see this being a problem unless you want like over 1000hp, or something crazy like that. You can still have a coil per cylinder though, which would help under a high boost/water injection/methonal injection/nos setup.

For the install I picked up a few relays from Radio Shack, they have 30amp ones there that should work for anything that you need such as driving the fuel pump, fan(s), etc. Also picked up a cheap little fuse block. The instructions are pretty strait forward, and get to the point quick. Not a lot of detail, but I geuss they are working on that. I bought like the 2nd v4.0 released to the US, so I'm sure they've made minor updates since then.