HybridZ

Hi flow fuel pump in stock/v8 conversion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

http://secure.techservices.net/fwistore/showdetl.cfm?&DID=85&Product_ID=74&CATID=11

Lingenfelter Performance Engineering sells this hi performance application fuel pump for $269. I've been having problems w/fuel delivery in my 280z. My question is, if you could fabricate a mounting bracket for this, and fuel line adaptors, could you use it? OEM retail for a new pump is $300+ and i wouldn't touch a junk part, unless it was from a Big Block car... So, will this thing blow my little 6 cyl or what...

Guest greimann

As long as your fuel pressure regulator and lines are in good condition, that shoud work fine. I am running a similar pump, and that worked fine in the straight 6, Carbed V8 and EFI V8.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greimann

The gas tank is fine, you will just be filling it up more often. tongue.gif Some people replace theirs because they want to run dual exhausts, or for the safety factor of racing.

High pressure fuel injection pumps can work fine with any kind of induction - carb, TBI, MPFI - as long as you use a high quality bypass regulator and unrestricted return lines. Don't use a "dead head" regualtor because it will put unnecessary load on the pump and will constantly be listening to Jerry Garcia tapes when you are not around, draining your battery. :D