HybridZ

Has Anyone Installed a SDS System in there Z in the CA?

R0N

Guest Anonymous

Yes, it was a fairly straightforward install.tuning the system was pretty easy especially after i borrowed my friends wideband 02 , and used a 3 channel data logger. i am very happy with the system . plus i just ran a 11.71 @119.96 with SDS , a small 89 supra CT 26 turbo and a large shot of nitrous. here are some pics of part of the intstall. i would recomed it for the price. http://photos.yahoo.com/sss510six

There was a guy down here in the sticks with one on his turbo 240z at Steele running, and although he was no match for my JWT setup, his car seemed to run pretty well. I did not ask him what all he had done to the car, but it moved out pretty good. He was running mid 13's at 108 on street tires, I was running high 12's at 112 on drag TA's, but in a ZX. (Best of 12.662 spinning)

I would be interested in an SDS more if it had coil packs like the tec II. The SDS is probably cheaper than the JWT set-up unless you have access to some later 300zx ecu's for cheap.

Good luck with your set-up.

I looked at it, but it is not any cheaper than a Tec II set-up.

The one this guys was running did not have coil packs, and that is the only one I would use. If you are going to spend that much money to upgrade, you might as well get rid of the distributor, IMO. It is about time they offered that. I checked with them before going to JWT and they said no go and had no plans to offer it.

Sorry I was off there.

I know I checked before I ordered the stuff from JWT, and I have had it for over 3 years. I could have just had a putz answer the email though. Happens every now and then.

You can get the tec unit set-up from Top End for about 1800 last time I checked. That includes all the sensors and the wiring harness and a base program set-up for your application. Plus it uses that crank trigger toothed wheel, with like 50 positions on it or something. I can't recall if installing the trigger is included or not, but it is a set up ready to go deal with no fabrication required as best I recall.

I am also a little concerned about the magnets on the crank pulley. How are they secured? What happens if one falls off? Then I would also want to find a really good machinist to do the crank pulley work. That part is what worried me when I was reading the directions. I think I can hanlde the rest of the work myself.

I would be interested in what they go for though. And I would like to know if anyone has had magnet issues and stuff like that.

One of the reasons I went the JWT route, besides the fact that I did not have a laptop at the time was I had concerns about the tec unit coils packs and the way wires connect to it. I drove my car every day then, now it is a play toy. I could go more serious on the EFI now.

Guest Anonymous

I've plotted an sds em-3 6f system w/ knock sensor, 3-bar MAP, & fast idle control (pretty basic) for about $1200 through mike, not too shabby IMO!

-980mak rockon.gif