HybridZ

Running rich

Breeze77z

my 77 280z is running rich to the point of spitting the occasional flame at kind of high RPM, full off the gas decceleration. it also sends a little blackish colored smoke on WOT. I'm thinkin i need a new FPR and have been looking at Top-end performance's adjustable one for $59, or something with Aeromotive. So far the only mods are headers, 2.5" exhaust, electric fan, electronic ignition, big bore throttle body and cold air intake, but i would like something that i could adjust to fit further modification. Oh, and any help getting rid of some of the emmissions crap in the pic below would be a great help too. Thanks a lot for any info. Pat.

http://www.geocities.com/pmcguff/PICS/eng1.jpg

The one from Top End is not referenced to vaccum. All you can do is set your fuel pressure with it, and that is it. Won't work on a boosted engine either since it will not raise fuel pressure under boost.

If you want an adjustable one, JWT has a bosch one that works just like the factory one, in the same ratio of fuel pressure to boost, only the static fuel pressure is adjustable.

BTW, the Top End info was based upon the one they sent me. Things could have changed between now and then.