HybridZ

how hot is the intake suppose to get????

scottyMIz

The header wrap helps a lot! Try touching your hand to the exhaust header/manifold under the intake manifold with wrap vs without. (Don't really do it; the reduction in heat radiation with the wrap is immense). DAW

thanks guys i don't have alot of room for a heat sheild plus i like being able to see the exhaust manifold so if i have to take it off it's easier to get to the bolts.I'm gonna get some of that wrap either today or tomorrow cuz this weekend is dedicated to my z :D I'm gonna change the oil hook up the boost controller and wrap the manifold.Then i'll turn the boost up and see what she'll do.

Don't get to happy with the boost. I don't want to hear any bad news when I come back to work monday.

I would like to know how well you think the header wrap works since I never have run a heat shield between my turbo and intake manifold. Makes me wonder what I could have run.

I hope you get some improved performance. You should see some pretty healthy gains.

does the wrap melt on the regular steel scottie?I just want to get the temps down and i have evry limited space for heat sheilds.I was thinking a hood vent/scoop or something like that but i like the smooth look with out the vents.Anyone else got any ideas?

Guest Tom Scala

I don't think the wrap would do any damage to a cast iron manifold,at least not for a very long time. Tube headers definetly yes. I wrapped a new set of Hedman headers on a 455 Firebird once and they rotted from the inside out in a matter of months. Blew a hole the size of a half dollar out. The pipes looked good from the outside but were soft to the touch.

ok guys have the wrap on and it helps ALOT i can actually put my hand on the intake without screaming Well unless i feel like screaming :D BUt it does help alot especially on the turbo it make the ic pipe coming from the turbo MUCH cooler and i changed the oil and turned the boost up sofar it will only hit 16 or so but man does it haul a$$ i have to mess with it tomorrow to find out why it's not hitting 20psi maybe the hose is crimped somewhere and stopping me from the potential it's capable of.But as it is now at 16 psi it will break the tires loose bad in first and second before it would just slide a little now it squeals and just slamms to the side a real fun ride 2thumbs.gif I love the new turbo hail.gif

Guest Tom Scala

I took off the funky heat shield that comes on the exhaust manifold and wrapped it with ThermoTech header wrap. The steel heat shield doesn't insulate nearly as well as this stuff. You can put your hand on the manifold when the engine is runing and it gives you more room to run a larger compressor without having to use a spacer. Highly recomended