HybridZ

SleeperZ?!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

You had talked about modifying the stock z31 ECU with reversing the ROM code. Well, quite frankly if you ever do, i might ask you for some help. How would you plan on going about this..?

Thanks

Well, to date it's been all talk, but it could happen this fall after racing season winds down. What I plan to do is fit a socket to the ROM chip location in the ECU, and try to get the ECU to run with a ROM emulator after tranferring the factory code inside it. There are a couple folks out there that think they know the proper locations for ignition timing and fuel injector pulse data - these parameters could be changed and reloaded quickly while on the road, but it will take a while to narrow in on tuning. Once the fine tuning has been done, it's easy enough to burn a chip for more permanent operation.

Who knows if I'll get around to it - just another project for me to consider, as if I don't have enough already....