HybridZ

Fuel lines in '77 injected 280

silicone boy

I am going to add EFI on the 383 I'm building. To feed it, I'm using 36 lb/hr injectors with a Holley/Cutler manifold. I have upgraded the fuel pump (not sure of the specs but I'm told it will support at least 500 horsies, which you really can't make at this altitude). I had planned on plumbing into the original 280Z fuel lines since it was already set up for fuel injection. I was just wondering if you all think the stock line would be adequate, or should I upgrade to a larger diameter line (come to think of it, I don't know what size the current lines are, but they look kinda small).

I'd use the stock line as a return and a -6 braided or vulcanized line for a feed. Make sure your pump can handle the 40+PSI you'll need. Even though you won't be able to make that 500HP I think you'll still be burning the same gas, I'm NOT sure. Hrm, and if you've nto already got a regualtor look aroound on thepartstrader.com and sites like SupraForums - there's usually at least one Aeromotive or Paxton regulator out there for sale. Oh yeah, the Mustang sites are GREAT for finding injectors, regulators, and pumps. Don't buy one of th ereally big Paxton or Aeromotive pumps if you can help it though - REALLY loud! :eek: