HybridZ

got a problem guys

scottyMIz

well the car runs ok and for those of you who don't know i am still running the stock efi system.The problem i have is it'll run rich til it hits about 11or 12 psi do a quick spike of lean running then go rich again and pull like hell all the way to red line at 15 psi, like a studder then it's fine and only does it in first and second gear :confused: I was thinking maybe the fuel pump sound right or what?It's all stock still no upgrades yet.I plan to upgrade the wire to the fuel pump tomorrow like scottie did.Help....... someone..... and please don't tell me to get an aftermarket system if i could i would rememeber i'm poor. ;)

I think getting lean during transaction (I think that's a 4 barrel carb term) is pretty normal. Because the vacuum changes and takes a sec to get the FPR to react. Transaction ping is common I think. I think the bigger fuel pump will help because there will be less pressure drop.

That has to be an electronic's issue. The stock ECU's has a switchover point where the injector duty cycle changes from say around 40 percent to 85 percent or something like that.

It happens like flipping an on/off switch. I had somewhat of the same issue with my JWT ecu but I got Clark to work on it with me, and now it is pretty much not noticeable. There is more to that story though. They set this ecu way different than stock.

Leaness needs to be fixed. I would go ahead and do the fuel pump wiring, and make sure you have a good ground too.

Not sure what else to suggest.