HybridZ

sds 3 system?

fl327

im checking out this guys used setup its a version of sds that doesnt run the coil packs, it uses a distributor still, im wondering how can i still run distributor if i go with it, im using eccs and timing is ecu controlled, hes asking a fair price i think but how im gonna use the distributor is a mystery to me, would i have to go to na zx distributor and manually do timing, im not scared of that one, but i like how the computer keeps things in check pretty good, besides lack of spark control and timnig by ecu, its the same setup i believe as most of the sds guys out there, what you guys think?

Guest Tom Scala

I'm using that system on my turboed 78Z. I use the n/a distributor with vac advance removed set at 22 degrees initial which gives me 39 total with no boost. You'll have to run a MSD BTM to retard timing under boost. I have mine set at 1 degree retard per 1lb boost on 94 octane pump gas and have no detonation issues at up to 18 psi.

It's not as adjustable as the coil pack systems but it's cheap-n-easy and will do the job.