HybridZ

Which air/water temp sensor for the SDS on L28T

PETEW

I was wondering which air temp sensor and which water temp sensor are you supposed to use on the '83 L28T motor with the SDS system. They give you a choice of GM sensors which are 3/8 npt and Bosch sensors that are 12 x 1.5mm threads. Are either correct? I looked all over my Haynes manual and it never gave a size. I'm guessing the bosch, but better safe than sorry. Also, do I need a longer than standard wiring harness. The engine is going in a '77 280Z. I just want to make sure I don't forget anything when I order. Thanks.

I used the GM sensors in my l28T with SDS but I drilled and tapped my thermostat housing and intake for 3/8 npt. Pretty easy to do. As for wiring lengths - I took string and ran in where my wiring was to go - measured them all and emailed the lenghts to SDS when I ordered. This takes some time but you end up with a custom harness that is tested and looks good too. Good luck with the conversion - I know I'm pretty happy with mine.

Later - Doug

Thanks for the help, Doug. I have been looking at the sensors and there is no way they are 12mm so it looks like 3/8 is the way to go. I wish you still had you harness measurements. ;) I think I will just go with the standard 6 foot length. That should be more than enough. Looks like you have good taste in vehicles. 2thumbs.gif I wouldn't mind having your RZ, but the R1 does nicely.