HybridZ

Holly part interchangability?

ZROSSA

Howdy Yall,

I was flicking throught he holley site the other day and saw that the the 600 to 850 carb all came from the same family. 4150 and 4160. Does this mean that i could change my 600 vac sec to a 750 without buying a new carb. Its probable cheeper to just get a new one but i am just curious.

Douglas

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

the 4150 is the base/flange number. the second number on the side is the CFM id. The bases are the same size but the venturis are different with different cfm.

jake

Guest Tom Scala

Summit racing,Jegs and others sell modified Holley main bodies made by Proform for vacuum and mechanical carbs for around $100 that are supposed to flow over 750CFM. They have the choke housing milled off and the enterance is smoothed and radiused. You use your fuel bowls,metering blocks, & baseplate. I don't know if they make them for the 1850, but you might be able to use the 3310 kit with center hung float bowls on your 600 carb.

Been wrong before, but here goes.

4150 & 4160 refers to the Model Number. These are both square bore carbs. The 4150's use a secondary metering block w/jets, whereas the 4160's use a metering plate (no jets to adjust)

The List Number identifies specific's of the carb such as cfm, butterfly and venturi size, etc.

The double pumper carbs share a commom baseplate from 650 through 800 cfm (1 11/16" butterflys) with varing venturi sizes The 850cfm DP uses an 1 3/4" butterfly and I believe the 600DP is 1 9/16".

The vacuum secondary carbs don't share same size baseplates over a varity of cfm ranges, partially because the cfm jumps from 600 to 750, 780, 830 and 855cfm (Yes Ford guys I know there are also 715 and 735cfm units out there) The 600cfm has 1 9/16" butterflys and the 750's and 780's have the 1 11/16" butterflys.

If you want the Proform main body and 750 cfm, I'd suggest buying a Holley List #3310 on E-Bay for $40-$60 and swapping in the new and improved main body.

Now for the sales pitch. I just happen to have a #3310 (780cfm w/ secondary jets) that the air horn was milled off and the venturi's smoothed/flowed together that I was gonna recolor with the Eastwood carb renew and sell on E-Bay. Probably would fetch no more than the cost of the main body your considering and you could sell the old 600 to offset some of the costs.

E-mail me at "ldpelp@yahoo.com" if your interested

Thanks,

This was some time ago and i have had work done on the 600 now so I will be sticking with it. I have slowed down on the engine for a while. The body work needs seeing to first and my other car must come first, My new house before that. bonk.gifbonk.gifbonk.gif

Cheers

Douglas