HybridZ

Which carb should I get? Need help???

utvolman99

Okay guys I am not sure which carb I should get. It looks like I can pick up either a Holly 650 DP or a Holley 750 Vac secondary for a really good price. Here is my information.

1973 240z

350 sbc

Victor Jr intake

Dart Iron Eagle heads 215cc 2.05/1.60

Comp cams xe274 or xe268 (have not made up my mind yet??)

700R4 with stock stall

I have experience with the 750 vac secondary but never with a double pumper. I would really like to have something responsive for the street. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

I would personally go with the 750 (it's what I have on my motor). I would use a DP if I was racing all the time, but for the street the 750 should work well and get better mileage. I'm not sure how much vaccum your cam produces--you may want to find out from someone else like Grumpyvette. You have 9:1 or greater compression, yes?

Davy

Guest Anonymous

For most HiPerf 350's a 750 vac sec is probably a pretty good choice, its big enough, and should be great for a street application. The DP's are great as well, but man that extra squirter can really suck some gas if you are in the secondary much. Just my opinion of course.

Regards,

Lone

I am running the 215's with a comp cams xtreme 294 kit. I have a 750 Mech secondary on mine with the powerband of 2800-7000 rpm. If you are useing a 264 or 274 I would recommend the Holley 650 unless you go with a bigger cam and turn higher revs to take advantage of the 215 heads. Hopefully Grummyvette will give you some advise as well. Just my .02 worth.