HybridZ

Which weight oil would work better in my SU's?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

I've seen a range of weights that most people use, not really a BIG range, but I guess I'm down to ATF or 20W oil. But which gives the better response?? This is for an L28 that's been build up a bit with good intake and exhaust. The SU's have been rebuilt using the Ztherapy kit (soon to replaced by complete rebuilt ZT SU's). I really don't want to take the domes off to 'experiment' and I don't have a good tool for draining them while they're on. And anyways, enough of you guys on here run nearly the same setup so I just wanna see what most of YOU guys use.

Guest Anonymous

my dad uses the W20 oil in his L28 with SUs.. throttle response is instantaneous but it takes a bit for the oil to get warm.. very cold blooded engine.. not as bad as my RB.. but still pretty bad! (my RB is due to a prob with the thermo tho.. hehehe)

I wanted to know the same thing. Right now I'm using fully syn. Mobile One oil with Nissan's suggest weight. I'm running 13psi of boost and it get's really hot here in Vegas...100-115. I know the synthetic oils are a lot thinner so I've always wondered if I should use thicker oil since it really doesn't get cold here. Any suggestions for a turbo motor with fuel injection? cheers.gif

SU damper oil. ATF works well. You can use a small syringe, 3-10cc, with a thin tube to add or subtract oil without removing the domes. If you don't have access to medical supplies, maybe a feed store with vetinary stuff (over-the-counter meds, etc)?? for the syringe. DAW