HybridZ

Triple Mikuni Air Filters

Moridin

Why would someone copy the manifold and then move the runners? Not only does it not make sense to do that, it would also be a lot harder than just doing it right the first time. They would have to stretch the balance bar on one side and shorten it on the other side to do what they did, and then presumably they'd have to change the direction of the runners slightly to get everything to bolt to the head. I'm convinced that what I had was a Cannon manifold, not a reproduction that went to great lengths to screw up.

Well... I really can't say why the manifold is in the condition it is. I didn't make it.

If this was a copy do you really thing that they were experts given the condition of the manifold (as you described)?

If this was an original manifold do you think Cannon would allow that to pass Q.C. looking like that (as you described)? I sure hope they had better standards than that.

That is why I was leaning towards an amateur job with less then professional technics and experience.

But in the end having not seen said manifold, I am mealy speculating.