HybridZ

Won't idle

Guest Tht1KSguy

Guest Tht1KSguy

Alrighty... i wish i could say my Z was having this problem but it's not that far along. icon_smile.gif Last week my daily driver ('94 Cavalier) decided that it didn't want to idle upon startup (doesn't matter whether it's a cold or hot start) so i have to drive w/ both feet (it's an automatic) for awhile until the car decides it wants to run normally. I get no check engine light or decreased mileage, just won't run right. The weirdest part of it is that it'll be fine one day but not the next or from hour to hour. Also odd is that i would normally run the codes in the computer by jumping the little connector under the dash, but it doesn't do anything when i do this. Unless someone has a better idea i'm going to replace the idle air control motor and see if that cures it. icon_confused.gif

Guest Tht1KSguy

Alright... how am i supposed to work on something that when i have the time to work on it, it shows none of the symtoms as before? Since Tues the car has been running fine again. I think i may put the voltmeter on the throttle position sensor on Saturday and see if it's flakey. The engine runs fine at any time but idle when it's not working right, so that makes me think the TPS might be the culprit. Aren't computers wonderful... actually i'll take EFI anyday compared to carbs which i know negative zero about... that should make tuning fun on my Z when it's ready. Anyone want to give me a $2000 "grant" for EFI for the Z??? icon_biggrin.gif