HybridZ

Hybridz helpers list?

denny411

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience, Tim--I have limited CGI use on the server, so when you submit the info it just emails it to me and I go in and manually update the page

I could make it just append the page, but then it would just put the info at he top of the page, and it wouldn't be sorted by state

Jim, Thanks for the time and effort you are putting into this recource.
No problem--as long as all 2800 of you don't send me info at once :D

I figured it was a good idea, and since I've got the webspace for it, what the heck.

Would be nice to have it linked from the main site--guess I should email SuperDan, just in case he hasn't read this thread yet

Jim, great idea! I sent my info. Count me in for 200mi radius from Florence, South Carolina (except for east,that puts me 130mi into the Atlantic Ocean!, haha). Have truck,tools,tow dolly and will travel!

The ? about "SPAM" and persons "just droping in" does need to be addressed!
I'm looking into a javascript password control for the site--if I do that, the info will be posted here for people to use, but that should still keep undesirables from just accessing the site and snaggine email addresses

One other thing, we might need a way to update our information as things change.
No problem--just resubmit your info with the changes, and make sure you put in the comments section that it is an update, and I can get it done

is there any way to bring attention to or about the list when a member logs in?
Not that I've found yet, that can be done with the limited CGI ability on the Earthlink server. They only allow certain scripts to be run on the personal websites (which the list is located on)--essentially, the submission form is a standard "guestbook" script, with a simple "mailto" command to send me the info. I could have just used an "appendto" script, but then there wouldn't be the state-by-state layout on the list

Guest bluex_v1

jimzdat, I just added my info...I just wanted to bump this so you'd know because I think I remember a lot of folks were driving through Atlanta on the way to AL and I think Mike kZ is leaving today? Anyway, its there, I won't be leaving until after noon Friday probably.