HybridZ

how many of you are students??

fl327

Guest Philanthr0py

2nd year at Evergreen Valley College, expecting to transfer to San Jose State (NorCal) next fall. Sucks being a broke college student. When I buy books, I look at the price and wonder what part I can buy for my Z..... Maybe that's why I only end up buying half my books. You'll be surprised how much money you can save by borrowing a friends book for the weekend and photocopying the whole thing... just make sure you get a binder for them. 2thumbs.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fly yellow

I am at Stetson University in good ol DE Land Fl.

good thing is it is only 20 minutes away from daytona international too bad i wont have my car till after christmass:(

1st year as being a college student!

high school ruled, i never had so much fun in my life as i did in 12th grade.

BUT to everybody thats still in High School.. DONT SLACK OFF!.. i did my 12th grade year and now im pissed at myself. i didnt do one thing my 12th grade year and my GPA crapped out big time because of that.. but i thought i was having the time of my life, and i was, but so were my friends but they had 3.5's +!!!!!!

take high school seriously, its a big part in life.

but for me im just doing one year at PHCC, in FL, and then going to either UF or USF. but i got accepted to UTI and a few other automotive colleges out there. so im not sure what to do.

as for work.. got fired for crushing a fellow lady worker inbetween some file cabnets.. funny but sucked :D ..for her atleast.

so im jobless now and im looken for one big time..

as for working on my Z...well i sold my 240Z in search for a nicer one and my 1993 300zx is just sitting in the garage all bling bling..

as soon as i get my 240Z and sell the 300zx and get a job ill start fixing the old Z up and ill prob never get a wink of sleep cuz of it.

mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Mike C, I understand your sentiments. I'm a third year EE major at UMass Lowell and I'm starting to regret having chosen this field of study. Aside from studying, I work part-time at Autozone (there for the discounts!) and am working on becoming a distributor for foreign films.

I also used to be a student in the school of life. I would attend class regularly, take good notes, study for the exams and perform relatively well on them. But then – perhaps suddenly, perhaps gradually – came a transformation. Increasingly I found myself losing interest. It became more and more difficult to concentrate, to make my study time worthwhile. My grades slipped. I could no longer keep up. I was losing the respect of other life-students. So, in disgust, I dropped out. On the advice of professionals, I started wearing jackets with really long sleeves. Moved to a town where most residents thought that life was a cereal box. But being a life-school dropout proved to be unnervingly difficult. Shoulda’ stayed in school. Now I’m thinking about going to night-life school, and maybe getting a life GED. If that works out, the next logical step would be to consider going to life college. They tell me that in modern society, you can’t go far without a life bachelor’s degree from an accredited life institution. Going back to the school of life certainly won’t be easy, but now that I’m older and wiser, maybe life won’t be so bad. Now I’m looking forward to the life commencement – you know, when you graduate.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a Certificate in Japanese Studies with emphasis on foriegn language (Japanese), an AA Degree in Liberal Arts, a BS Degree from University of Maryland in Management Studies/Environmental Management/Asian Studies, and am currently working on my Masters in Public Relations. All from U of M

CorZette

(The Educated Killer) LOL....

USMC :mad:tongue.gif;):D

• 1 month later...

Going to a junior college, DVC, in the Bay Area hoping to transfer in a couple years to UC Davis (Currently in my second semester). Don't really have a major yet, only an idea. Think molecular biology, genetics, or bio-chemistry. All the required classes for transfer are the same. As for work, I'm at Starbucks. I pick up roughly 20 hours a week or so. Would get more, but I still play soccer and want to leave Saturday afternoons open for karting. Hoping to go to Jim Russel's karting school when I can finish paying my parents for all the recent Z work (Head reworked:$750, PDK Fabrication strut braces:$450, and audio stuff: $250) Sometimes I wish I was just going to school and not working, but then I think of the poor Z waiting for money. I can't complain though. I know some guy that works 40 to 60 hours a week a pizza place and takes upwards of 20 units (Full time student is 15 units). He's insane.

• 1 month later...

I must be one of the old men here. My car is older than most of you. I have two kids going into university next year, three in high school and one life school car nut. I myself would like to go back for my millwright certification if I could find the funds.

• 3 months later...