HybridZ

Two Years in the Federal Correctional Facility in Sheridan O

Guest Anonymous

Guest 240hybrid

Hard luck man :( ....I must say that I've appreciated you help on my and other peoples questions. I dont own any firearms right now, Im still young though, but I still want to have a few firearms that the government would probable deem unsuitable to be in civilian possession. Just because someone has a few assualt rifles doesnt make them a terrorist, their just a enthusiast. If I lived there in oregon I would be there in support of your fight for the right to freedoms. Isnt that why Americas supposed to be so great, the freedom. Also isnt that why background checks are enforced, to keep weapons out of the hands of individuals that will probable misuse/abuse the purpose of these weapons. Makes me wonder what these anti-gun activist twak.gif are fighting for?? To put away someone that has a few guns and uses them for recreation, or the real criminals that use them illegally commiting crimes. Well, good luck, Fight the Power!

Chase

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is begining to sound like the "free world" is no longer free. Its sad that you are going to have to spend time in jail to stand buy your beliefs. Freedome of speach and bearing arms are in your contitution , are they not?

All the best ,mate. I have really enjoyed your posts and humour. Keep in touch when you can.

Douglas

So sorry to hear about this! It sucks double time!

Hang in there!

Man I love this Country but I do not even like the pricks who run it and that is the nice version!!!

Mike

That really BLOWS! For someone with no record to get more time than some violent offenders or even some child molesters. cuss.gif

Have you contacted the NRA for assistance or guidance? It would be a good idea. Maybe even send your case info to one of the more conservative media outlets, and try to get some national attention. They may be able to elaborate on the absurdity of this to get you some public support.

Good Luck,(and watch your back :eek: ) Denny

Originally posted by livewire23:

Although I was talking to my mom, and she was not in the slightest bit surprised, she seemed to think you deserved to do the 140 years for having a gun collection. Then she started yelling at me when I couldnt understand why she thought that.

The best way to get your point across to someone is to yell at them, if that doesn't work you punch them, way to go mom! rolleyesg.gif

Guest Anonymous

Thanx for the support fellows. I have spent the evening writing an application to the local federal district court to allow me out on release pending appeal. After my arrest I was held for 4 months in jail by the federal defender and prosecutor acting in collusion with each other trying to force me to accept their plea bargain.. The feds look at it only as a means to keep these guns off the street.While the federal laws still allow the arms merchants free reign to sell and import just about any thing.Very easy to buy parts and assemble a fully functioning 50 caliber machine gun.

Larry,

When I first read your post yesterday I was already running late for work, but I had to set down and respond. I am now back home and it is 7:14am here in GA.

I, like many others who have responded, am pissed at this turn of events that has happened to you. fmad.gif Here's one thing that boils my blood, I can go out and catch a real criminal and the sucker never sees prison time. Over the years I have locked up 100's of drug dealers, wife abusers, and felons. They deserved what they got and then some! People in your situation do not!

It amazes me that they were going to give you 145 years! For what!!!!

My god what a country we live in. Sad :(

Like I said before, I will miss you and take care of yourself Larry.

Charlie B.

Guest Anonymous

I'm thinking that the only thing I saw that could be questionable would be the AK-47. If it's a pre-ban then, no problem. Post ban AK's with folding stocks are a no-no. I have a Romanian .223 AK-47 which is a post ban. That means I can't put on a folding stock or a flash suppressor on it. I can add a muzzle break and scope to it plus a drum style magazine and have a weapon that could be used cause a lot of mayhem, but it would still be legal. Gun laws are confusing at best and is used agains us at it's worst. The weapon that the DC snipers used was a totally legit Bush Master AR-15 A2. You can get it at any gun store in Washington and Oregon and it too is a legal weapon.

Larry, buddy, you got screwed. This also means you can't own any guns when you get out. This whole thing is so bogus that it totally pisses me off. I know a couple of people that are in the know of the gun laws. I will take this to them and see if there is any recourse you can take. If you would like to email me, my email is, rcsubs@attbi.com

I'll see if I can get you a little more help.

Guest bluex_v1

fmad.gif I'm terribly sorry to hear about this! What has happened to the rule of law?! Our country is dissolving into making irrational judicial decisions based on purely emotion response...fear and jelousy seem to be the driving forces of our gov't today.

If there's anything I can do to help, like if you need some manpower for research or whatever, let me know.

Perhaps sending info on this case to media could help...I would suggest Neil Boortz, who is a Libertarian talk show host here in atlanta but he is syndicated throughout the nation. He tends to address a lot of firearms and self-defense issues that are ignored in tv media. Even if it doesn't help your situation, at least it will get the message out to more people so this situation may be of benefit to others...just an idea.

Good luck..I hope its over soon for you.

Tomahawk, it really sucks that oregon is giving you a shitter of a time - california would probably be worse (no longer can you purchase any weapons with clips over 10rounds, and now they're working on bringing it down to 7! we can't even own ar-15s or some SKS rifles). I wish you luck!

Guys, I think it'd be best for you NOT to ask for details, as well as Tomahawk not to divulge them, because anything he may accidentally release here that can find its way traced to court can have a negative impact on his case.

You need some really good well placed media attention. To lock someone up for 4 months with only one ilegal weapon is a little rough. I would really like to see a TV article especially here in Texas on what they are doing in your case. You need to get some media attention and political backing are you an NRA member?? If so you need them to write an article on your case. Having grown up on the west coast there are several people who have more weapons than I can count. I have a personal freind who had at last count 175 different rifles not counting the hand guns. All of them legally obtained. How is the state saying you violated the law??? Should have all of these been registered somewere??? I have several rifles that there is no record of me buying and I dont plan on there being. Good luck with the legal part... Ray

Ps How did they find out you had them in the first place?????

I really dont know that the media would help, maybe in Texas but Oregon or CA, hmm... I know alot of hippy folks that live in Eugene Oregon, not sure on other areas though.

I hope there is something you can do legally for yourself, because I think this is ridiculous persecution before a crime has been commited.

I feel bad that you have to go to jail, BUT

I own a few assault style weapons which are legal, I would like to keep it that way.

I agree that the assault rifle laws are confusing.

Everyone knows that a shotgun barrel must be 18". Either you or someone else modified the gun. Sounds like that is the one that got you in trouble.

Because of people purposefully violating gun laws, those guys in the black jackets will be coming for all of our guns, and I like mine.

I sympathize with you but it hurts my feelings that you would intentionally jeopardize all of our rights.

I have mixed feelings about firearms, but I do feel that its wrong for someone to go to jail when there is no past history or proof that these guns were to be used for anything more than a private collection. At the most I could see them taking the guns away, since you said that you have a clean record. I dont think you should go to jail at all. I really dont know you at all but I dont like seeing anyone go to jail unless they obviously deserve, which I feel you dont. Anyways a longer version of this post will end up in Oregon next week. Keep your head up. Leonard.

Guest silverbullet

Damn, Larry, I am really at a loss for words, I am sure that I cannot say anything that everyone else has not already said, if you do end up going away for a while(think positive,I will) whenever you start to get down just remember the old saying "this too shall pass" I am going to expect a ride in the Tomahawk WHEN you get it finished. Stay strong.

Larry,

I am at a total loss for words. I know all too well the way the Feds operate and I wish you the best in your appeal.

I have come to cherish our online friendship and will miss you. Keep strong and hang in there.

I'll mail some pics of the VR as I go along.

Take care,

Teo

Man, That just blows BIGTIME. I'm sorry you are going to the pen for this and I agree with your argument; at least from the info that we have.

Hopefully you did not convert your guns to full auto. ALthough I personally have nothing against a law-abiding citizen from owning a full-auto, it has been an old law from way back that it is illegal to do so. If they are throwning you in the pen for merely having a cache of weapons, they need their heads examined.

To my shame, I did not keep up with the gun control nazi's in my state and I had a rude awakening after returning from Europe that my collection was now 'illegal' since I had not registered them with the State before Dec 2000.

The suckers passed a law and I had no idea that it was even there. It slipped so easily into law and I was caught off-guard. All of a sudden I was a 'law-breaker' even though I bought and owned these guns LEGALLY before their stupid retroactive laws. I decided it was not worth the possible prison sentence if caught, and I now could not enjoy the pleasure of 'legally' firing these things off at the range. So, I set off for Nevada and sold them on consignment there.

In a few years I truly think that guns will be completely illegal and we will be living in a police state (they will have all the guns and everyone not military or police will be an outlaw if they own them, regardless of the Constitution). The Constitution works for those that cherish it, if enough of the people do. It is getting closer to a document with the worth of toilet paper as time goes on as it becomes worth less and less. Make no mistake that there is power in owning weapons and the original intent was to keep the federal government in check by being able to create an uprising with weapons if it ever became dictatorial. That time has long gone and the federal government has become so big no one can control it. Well, with no weapons there is no power---don't even think about the courts--the government has more time, money, and man-power then you do!

Gentlemen, please don't misunderstand me: I am not bitter, angry, or am advocating an uprising. I am merely stating the way things are and the way they are going--one has to be blind not to see it. Free speech is becoming more and more scarce these days, so I'll take advantage of it now while I still have it.

I was not going to reply to this thread other then the original first few sentences, but it just struck a chord with me since I have experienced this first hand.

This sounds stupid from someone that has not been to jail, but make the most of your time while you are there--keep your mind (and body) as active as possible. Memorize your passwords to the forum and come back when all is done--we'll not forget you!!! God Bless You and keep your chin up!!

Davy

Guest Anonymous
Gentlemen, please don't misunderstand me: I am not bitter, angry, or am advocating an uprising.
I am! cuss.gifemo.gifb_hand.gif

malebitchslap.gif whew.

There aren't words to express how pissed of your disposition makes me. I didn't realize the horrible injustices of the Judicial and executive branches until I started doing debate. During which I relied on the government as an agent of action, there was so much philosophical argumentation on the "bad government" that it was more like an epiphany than anything else. Since 9/11 its been perfect reason to remove I,II,and IV amendments for some Euphamistic terrorist prevention BS. I'm willing to do my part in providing national security, but freedom is dear to me and I will NOT buckle down for ol' gov't. My radical liberalist side that rarely appears tends to think government agencies can simply become above the law, remove our freedoms, overcome gunshyhood for some "defensive reason" like pre-emptive attacking (what a joke) then insert themselves into whatever country might have profitable oil deposits. I wasn't surprised to see the Columbia failure "possible link to terrorism." Don't step on the crack or you'll be linked to terrorism and sent to jail. Anyway...

Larry, I agree that you should contact ACLU, NRA, anyone who can lobby for an appeal and give you some political might. Being as OR is just a stone throw away from my house (I can throw 'crost the Columbia! :D ), I pay more attention to what's going on there more than WA. Looks like things are going your way, Measure 28 et al. If anything, they need to keep the hardcore criminals and just drop rediculously trivial BS suits like yours, with your clean record. Good luck, may the forZe be with you!

-980mak rockon.gif