HybridZ

??? about linelocks

I know several people on here have linelocks on thier cars and I am looking into putting one on my car. My question is that I was looking in the Summit catalog and there "line lock kit" does not work on metric systems, since everything else on my car is metric does this mean thier kit will not work on my car?

Does anyone have any recomendations for a line lock kit for an early (72') Z.

Thanks

Dragonfly

Guest racerxlite

When I converted my brakes over to the 5 lug, Wilwood set up I went to NAPA auto parts & bought extra US to metric conversion adaptors for brake systems. They worked great. They have a catalog of brake adaptors, even had some in stock.

Matt

Hey Dragonfly, it's been a while! You goin to MSA this year?

Anyway, I used the 3/16" but found they leaked slowly, I then got some metric to SAE fittings from Autozone, I think I may still have their part numbers.

If you need, them, email me offline.

Owen

I recently installed a line lock in my '72 240z. I got the Biondo line lock from Summit for $40. I spent another ~$15 on bake lines, fittings, and a cheap tubing bender.

The instructions said to install the line lock after the brake pressure warning switch, but that would really complicate the plumbing. I noticed that a few members here installed it between the master and the warning switch, so I did the same. I bought two metric to 3/16 adapters and then used 3/16 lines and fittings to plumb it up.

Result:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mmanzo/_uimages/v8z_burnout1.jpg

:cheers:

Don

I looked at the Biondo linelock in Summit but it appeared to me like it did not have any of the extra's ie wiring, release/lock switch, etc. did any of that come with it or did you have your own? Where did you put the release/lock switch at in your car? Are you using your linelock at the tree to "load" your drive line before launch?

Sorry so many questions but you have the same year car as me and you are running the same tires I am planning on getting for racing. BTW that is a great picture of your car (I also liked your launch photo).

Dragonfly

No trouble at all.

The line lock didn't come with any fittings or switch. I had to get that stuff at my local parts store. I mounted the toggle switch on the console, on the door that covers the fuse box.

I'm running an auto trans, so I just use the foot brake at the starting line. The line lock is used for the burnout only.

:cheers:

Don