HybridZ

Lots of questions on the L28ET

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

hey guys, doing a project for college on the L28ET.

here we go.....

whats the firing order?

whats the sparkplug type?

whats the best fuilds for he car, like oil and coolent.

when building a 3.0+ stroker L28ET motor whats the correct parts to use?

what size intercooler piping should ir run?

is full 3in exhuats piping perfect?

what other parts should i look into buying when building a 450rwhp L28ET?

what nitrous kit would i need to run? (want a 100shot, so its will be like 350+rwhp with out nitrous)

sorry for all the questions.. but my teacher set up a format that i have to use, i know some of the questions are stupid but i gotta answer them.

thanks

mike

the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4

spark plug type is usually platinum

best fluids are Nissan factory coolant and oil (available at your local dealer)

stroker needs maxima LD28 crankshaft, KA24 pistons, L24 rods, a P90 head and 1mm head gasket (some of these can be changed)

intercooler piping should probably be about 2.5"

3" exhaust is awsome

for 350+ hp you will need bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump and bigger turbo.

i like the NOS fogger kit for nitrous.

hope that helps

Guest JAMIE T

Your L30 will need custom forged pistons.

Early 80's Maxima. The diesels are not common. Consider youself lucky to find one in the bone yard. Or, expect to pay $150 or more for one. I lucked out and found one in the junk yard. I am building a similar engine to what you have described.

best fluids are Nissan factory coolant and oil (available at your local dealer)

WHAT ???

For a turbo you need to look at some sythetic lubricants. (for any engine IMO)

Heat KILLS engine oil.

And for coolant, there is only a few manufactures making the stuff.

Go to Wal-Mart and get a name brand for $4.00.

i work at a nissan parts counter so im supposed to sell nissan factory fluids at 100% mark-up. also all of the plugs that most dealers would stock are platinum. and as far as the KA24 pistons no they probably would not hold 450hp, but in lengine program when you set up the L31 thats what it says to use

The KA24 pistons are the correct diameter and would probably work fine for a n/a application, but if you look at the compression ratio, you are looking at a 10:1 ratio. using the LZ24 piston (a 12cc dish I believe), the compression ratio is more managable, but they aren't meant to hold up under boost (found out w/ the first motor I built). Ideally I would suggest no more than an 8.5:1 ratio for the L-series turbo motor and forged pistons if you are going 3.0 or greater. I am around that 8.5:1 right now and wish i would be lower. I only have a 5cc dish in my pistons and have to keep the boost low ~10 psi w/ pump gas. Of course I have run 22+ psi with race fuel no problem!! :D

Guest ON3GO

see i dont wan to run on race gas.... yes when i need it for a full out race then ya ill try for it, but i want to get the most HP out of the L28ET motor without using race gas.

thats why i thought about the stroker motor..

mike

You'll want to keep the compression down pretty low then. When you hear people running their L28's at 20 psi of boost, their compression ratio is down around 7.5:1 (stock). If you order your pistons w/ enough dish, then you should be fine.