HybridZ

1000 lbs/Tourque, what rear-end (for road racing).

Guest tt350

Guest tt350

Sup all,

I am building a TT v8 240z that is projected to have more than 1000hp, and Im goin nuts tryin to find out what rear-end (that has LSD, for road-racing) I could use. This will be a street car, road-raced every other weekend maybe. Please give me feedback on that.

Does the for rearends come with LSD, and are they good for RR. How much can the 300z T rearand take.

Also, I have the T56 tranny, and I was wonderin how much it would take (without poopin the clutch).

Remeber that this is a RRacer, not a dragster.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Abdul

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Your Car is Slow

Id think 1000hp would be exceeding the limits of any stock rear end. Might wanna call up ol Moser and see what they can offer you :)

As for the T56...aint no way itll handle that much power.

Yeah that T56 isn't going to hold up long with 1000+HP :shock: . I "think" the Viper T56 is rated to like 500HP but the Camaro/Firebird/Vette is only rated to like 450 in the 94+ models. You better have that tranny "built up" to handle that HP! :D

Guy

Guest sb400z

Sorry for being off subject, but are you running a carbed or fuel injected setup? And also, won't a 1000 hp be a little touchy on a road course, or do you have plans for some big downforce?

Dont mean to rain on your cake, but........ You will never get the thing to hook up. I bet you would be quicker around the track with 700 n/a hp. The local Tranz am guys here have around 700 hp and can light there 12 inch rear tyres at will. Nightmare in the wet.

Good luck!

Douglas

Is this a hoax?

a 1000hp TT-V8 road-racing 240Z will be undriveable. Today's ultimate road racing machine, the Audi R8 is also a TT-V8 and when running maxed is at the limit of adhesion and aerodynamics and it is putting out maybe 650hp.

If you want to know what it is like to drive a 1000hp raod racing machine, go to the library and read up on Mark Donahue and the CanAm Porsche 917. When you are done, ask yourself how a 240Z might compare to the 917 in chassis, suspension and brakes. If you want to get closer to home, read up on the Electromotive turbo Z car.

What class could you possibly run that car in? If I was a sanctioning body, there is no way I would allow such a car to compete.

Guest tt350

Ok, heres the deal.

The car will have a Dart 350 stroked to 377 (hella high RPMS), with Twin Truck Turbos (fx40s or something like that). IT WILL BE AN AWD CAR. There is no way in hell anyone can control 1000 hp on a road course with a RWD. I am still researching the possibilities of a AWD system (skyline maybe?). This car will race in SP class. (I hope)

Anyway, thanks a lot for the info. What Is the R230 rearend off of. I asked my boss yeserday about the T-56 tranny, he says that they pretty mean trannys, and will hold up if I dont pop the clutch (which you dont need to with a RR).

Ill keep you guys posted. Seems like you dont think this will happen. Well see how it turns out (with AWD, I think it will be negotiable at the track).

Also, can you guys give me feedback on what block to use, the race aluminum or the iron block (I know that the aluminum is not good for turbos, but does anyone know if the DART aluminum block can take that much boost?)

Thanks in advance.

Guest tt350

Ok, so the Q45s diff is the R230. Thanks. I will ofcourse be runnin a fuel injected setup (very hard to make 1000 hp out of TTs with a small block!)

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a skyline AWD drivetrain work with the setup im thinkin about. My boss dont know much about AWD or imports, but he knows a whole bunch about v8s (stock car racer).

If anyone knows, hit me. Thanks

Did you guys ever see that 900bhp VW Golf RSI with the audi engine, and its AWD. That thing makes so much g's on accelration that the guy driving loses his breath when he floors it! I look forward to that :twisted:

If you dont know what im talkin about, go to http://www.racingflix.com and look for it, its there somwhere.

Skyline GTRs easily make 1000 streetable horsepower, but as mentioned above, think of the chassis, etc. compared to the Z. The engine will take off at a stoplight and leave the car's shell sitting there!

If you're interested in the R230, checkout some of my info on my site

v8zcar.com

Owen

Also' date=' can you guys give me feedback on what block to use, the race aluminum or the iron block (I know that the aluminum is not good for turbos, but does anyone know if the DART aluminum block can take that much boost?)

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Let me in on why aluminum is not good for turbos? It's not boost the engine has to be built to handle, its rpm and torque. The limiting factors will be detonation and piston/rod/crank strength, and it won't matter how well you build it, if it detonates...KABOOM! If you are spinning the motor fast, you have to build the engine for that, not boost.

Ok, So now we have 4 wheeel drive. You might be able to keep it in a strainght line. So lets have a think about the fastest 4x4's and what kind of gerarboxes they run. You need a transfer case so I think that leaves the t56 on the sideline. The gtr skilines that road raced in group a (r32) made over 700 hp. They needed a race only hollinger gearbox. Some of the pike peak cars have huge hp and 4x4. None of them run standard componets. Unless you start to look at truck componets (propably still not strong enough) you are going to have a fortune tied up in drivtrain parts.

I have no doubt the chev can make the power. Nascar can make 800 hp without the blowers on smaller cubes with restrictions, and the factories are putting out turbo cars with over 170 hp per lt as it is now. If you can manage that you will have 1068 hp from your 377. I dont think making the power is going to be the problem.

After saying all that, it would be wicked to see a z with that kind of power. We just dont know what kind of resources you have at you disposal to meet this goal. Hell, Your boss could be Rod Millan of similar. :wink:

Cheers

Douglas

I am also curious on how you plan to make and AWD Z with the T56??? I think what everyone is trying to say is "yeah it would be cool to see a 1000+HP Z but I don't think the car itself was ment for that kind of HP/TQ" :shock::shock:

I think this is kind of like the Viper Engine deal, it would be cool but the car just couldn't handle like the Viper or be able to take the abuse.

But if you got the $$$$$$$$$$ then go for it! :D:D

Guy

Assuming you have the money to actually do this--and it will take bundles, no matter what anyone else says--why do this on a Z? There are better platforms or more expensive high horsepower cars to do this with. What about using a kitcar body on a tube frame? Too many questions IMO. Your aspirations are huge, but you don't seem to have specific knowledge (even general knowledge) to pull this off judging by your posts. Have you done reading in these areas of chassis setup, engine building, and fabrication? Are you an expert driver that can handle this kind of horsepower without harming yourself or others? Pardon me if I seem skeptical, but you need to have a specific plan when talking BIG hp numbers like you are, otherwise you kill yourself and ruin a car or never get started and end up with a pile of parts.

Davy