HybridZ

12 inch Wilwood brake- hats and caliper mounts now ready

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too applaud Juan for coming up with any aftermarket setup for Z's as they are few and far between.

(trying really hard not to ignite a firestorm or argument, so please take it as such).

Here is the properties from Mike's page on that picture:

http://fonebooth.com/images/4lugconv.gif

I know the image of the rotor,(the black and white one), and the caliper is from willwood because I was just at their site the day before,(exploring some options for myself).

Here is my take,(and again, don't let this take away from your product as all of us want it to stay around).

First, if I see a picture on e-bay or on someone site, I have a reasonable expectation that it is of their product unless otherwise stated. It is not stated on your auction.

I was trying to find out if you were offering one of Mike's products through your own company, if it was something similar, or a completely different setup. I have had pictures from my sites stolen and used without my permission on other sites. I am not a fan of that, hence some of my comments.

I can't say for sure, but I think that is Mikes exclusive picture,(i.e. he took it). I think it would be a courtesy to Mike and fair if you let him know you were using the picture if that is the case. Also, it might be helpful to say on your auction that it is merely a represenative picture and not your actual piece.

I know it hard to read intent on the internet, so I'll say mine. Again, this is not an accuastion, or pointing the finger. I am trying to better understand what product you are offering,(main goal) and what the difference is from Mike's,(secondary goal). And if it is a picture from Mike's page, he and us consumers deserve to know, hence my questions.

Please believe I have the best intentions and am just trying to get to the bottom of this for mine and others understanding of you offering.

-Bob

I probably should have asked and stated where I got the picture..I could have used another source but I wanted to show what would most resemble the finished product.

I get accused for taking others design when I made the 240sx throttle spacer or because someone was providing them for $100 made from aluminum or lexan plastic. I don't mean to take business from others. These are products I make for myself and provide them to others at more than reasonable prices. If I can provide quality products and 33% less cost than others then I am giving to the Z car community.

The kit is for all hardware to mount the rotor hats to rotor and calipers to bracket. One main reason why I do not provide the complete setup is because you can decide what meets your braking needs now. I am not out to profit off the rotors and calipers along with shipping (expensive) By mass producing the adapter setup you eliminate the need to profit off the complete setup. Again I apologize and I will be deleting the picture. Thanks Juan

Guest gprix1

Juan and Mike,

I too am looking for an adapter that can use the 300Z 5-lug hub. In fact I just posted about it in another thread.

Juan, the 300Z hub is further out (about 1") so a differant hat design would be required. Check out this link to see the differance between them:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21046&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here is my vision for a hat that uses a Wilwood disk with a 300Z hub on 240Z spindle (you will have to copy and paste the link):

http://www.geocities.com/gprix1/240Z/BrakeHat.jpg

BrakeHat.jpg[/url]

Guest scca

why in the HELL would someone steal a picture and post it on ebay??

i found the pic on ebay before i came and saw this here-- next time TAKE YOUR OWN FRICKIN picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was lookin at the pic thinking "HEY thats my handwriting!" only to come to hybridz and find out it IS MINE.

thats outright misrepresentation --

what you going to copy my brackets next too >??? strange how there is NO bracket and the rotor hats you chose are a REAR setup! my front rotor hats are tapered..

straighten it out buddy --- not to f0cking impressed to say the LEAST--

i've been so busy at work havent spent more than a few minutes on the board in the past few months and pop in for a quick look see and see this--

NICE start to the day!

make your own stuff from scratch - dont copy someone elses work!

and the post in ebay about a full setup is $550 is bullshit! calipers are $175 each= 350pr- rotors are $175-225 pr depending on the brand-and quality- thats $550 right there.

$250 for YOUR HATS :twisted: = $800 now you need bolts and pads add $75 new total is $875

now i charge $100 for the caliper brackets and all hex bolt hardware- new total $950 thats my KIT price and it does BOLT ON..

i sell the setup at $950 and the caliper brakets are laser cut steel and hand threaded--

and a polite sign off :D

sod off you wanker

Hello Mike. I am more than happy to talk about this outside the forum but you wanted to bring it here. I was given that picture some time back to represent what the hat would most resemble. I was courteous to remove the pic/ad from what people were telling me belonged to you. Everything is made from my own machining. I had a preorder before it would be machinated and wanted to use a picture that would most represent. I could have used nothing and still would have been fine from the work I do at my web site. http://www.jskinnovations.com. many here can agree to the work and trust. I will be posting my products up this coming week for those who had made purchases on the hats. I bought myself some rotors and calipers billet ndl cost me $350. again many apologies. JUAN

Guest ON3GO

ok JSK, i bought ur hats with everything that comes with it.. right.

now i bought the wilwood calipers and rotors.

now i gortta buy pads, but then whatelse do i need to buy?

im rulling low on money as i need new 16in rims to fit these brakes and etc.

Thanks

mike

Mike

first off all i would like to say that you need to do something about you additude. you know i am not as sorry as you so i wont be mentioning how you did bussiness with me but all i can say is what goes around comes around. Juan dont pay attention to Mike from his reply you can tell what kind of person he is. Keep up the good work and good luck.

ps. i would also be intersted in five lug brakes

Ivan

I got together with Thure from here on hybridz. He is the one who supplied me with the measurements needed. I did some measuring myself to confirm his specs and came up with his own. This has been in the works for since early April 2003. I need a 5 lug hub for the 5 lug conversion.anyone have one? I do plan on coming out with setups for the 280zx's as well. Any help is appreciated and will be rewarded with a discount.

I have 16 inch rims for sale with adapters. milli miglia spiders . 2 rims are new from summer 2002. the other 2 rims are from 2001.comes with 2 new tires and 50% left tred on the other 2 . asking $700

Guest scca

Juan

i didnt bring it here i found it here-- big difference

if you got the picture from someone else they knew whose it was and it was up to you to do some work into that -

maybe you should have emailed me once someone else notified you whose it was--

i;ve never had any contact from you at all on or offline --

Yes I do plan a setup for the ZX's. The brake thing has been going slower than expected because I had the fuel rail being worked on at the same time. Now that I have gotten that out of the way I can focus on the 280zx. I have a zx in the garage and plan on getting to it soon.

OH many have asked where to get the brake hardware. http://www.precisionbrakescompany.com I have done business with them real friendly people. I will be posting their logo and link to them on my page as well. I know it sucks that I do not sell the complete set up. I figure this is the best way to do it. You guys aren't dummies and know how to put something together.

I ordered 1.25 12 inch Vane rotors with Billet NDL calipers 3.5 mount

cost me $370

Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

Personally, and I know it is not my business, but who cares, its just a picture?

I would like to add my suggestion for a 280zx upgrade as well. Mine sucks in the stopping department, but it is going to get some KVR pads and see if that helps.

Ok so who is running these and what additional cost was incurred? I understand the rotors, calipers and bolts what about hangers for the calipers??? I thougth those were a bolt on? I guess if they were we would all be running Wilwood calipers and not the Toyota 4X4 conversion like I am.

I am considering a set, but not just yet I would like to hear some opinions/evaluations of the brake set up. OR Juan you can just ship me a set and I'll test them LOL :D

ON3GO have you installed yours yet? What about the rims is that what's holding you back?

You guys whinning about the additional hardware and wanting a complete KIT need to go do some reseach, have you even begun to install the V-8's in your cars? If you have then you know how much time and effort goes into searching for parts, fabbing your own here and there and then the part not fitting. Haha how about smashing your hand with a 2lb sledge trying to remove spindle pins from the rear suspension, or lying on your back lifting an R-200 diff into place.

Building the Z into a Hybrid is NOT easy it's not turn key it IS a challenge and the reward is a fast, great handling car that you don't see on every street corner of America.

So bottom line WHO has done the install? How do you like it? How much did you spend total.

ds

Guest gprix1
hey gprix1' date='

I bought a pair of these per your suggestion:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=355952&BQ=jcw2

wouldn't you know it - the first time I hit the brakes hard I warped the rotors pretty good (ha ha).

RacerX[/quote']

RacerX,

It is very important to bed them in properly. Did you even bother reading the instructions?