HybridZ

WHY Us Vs. THEM???

Mikelly

It may be a generation gap and/or just different automotive influences. I am 40 years old and the cars that got my juices flowing were the Boss Mustangs, Z28 Camaros and the Pantera's in the early 70's. I remember the Datsun bug was big in the mid-70's, when outside of Dobi and Nissan Competition and in San Diego there was a shop called Performance World you could walk in and buy and order parts from( NO INTERNET). How many of you guys remember the 2.8 V6 Mercury Capris? Now with the internet, Speedvision, Tunertransformation, Pimp my ride, Overhaulin and Spike TV the various magazines it is totally different world. It is funny working on cars it is still like lifting weights and bodybuilding, you are working and sweating in the garage and your friends and family ask why?

Your own passion and creation :D

Glenn A.

Inliner for now BOWTIE COMING SOON !!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good commentary.

Going fast is expensive. Front wheel drivers are at a natural disadvantage if drags or canyon carving is your delight. However, I think I would get a big blast out of a gutted CRX with 6 point roll bar and a mild (200hp or so) 1.8 Integra with Turbo. It fits, the car's light, and the guy next door has NOOOOOOO idea of what is under the hood. Now that can be a good life. :D

Personally, it's the build and the competition that have kept playing with cars since 1952. "Ricers" are rodders; CRXs might be the '34 Ford Coupe of the next generation. Buy one now, they're cheap. :P

As we all know, there are some in this world who believe what we do with great gusto, is elevated vandlism. Let's cut ricers some slack.

:D

g

g