HybridZ

Quest Van wheel stud specs

I went looking for these here a few weeks ago and found no definite answers from the search function. So here for your info are the actual measurements.

We all know that the diameter and thread pitch are the same as the Z. And the splines are the same. The trick is the length.

From shoulder to end 46mm (1 13/16").

Installed in the front hubs they extend 36.5mm (1 7/16")

No report yet on length when installed on the rear.

Napa Auto Parts part#641-2785. $1.90 each.

So now you know.

very interesting. thanx for the pn, need to replace some on the front and sounds good, how far do they stick out? hopefully i wont have to cut them

i like the long stud look, probably get some of those long lug nuts for them anyway. thanx.

Guest das280zx

hey, I reported on this a while back. They are just about right for spacers up to about 1cm in width. I am going to use 8mm spacers with them, and only in the front. It was nice to find them as they are way, way cheaper than the nismo extra long lugs, and I didn't need ones that long anyhow.

• 5 years later...

May be an old thread but info is still useful to update in my opinion. I purchased one stud for a Nissan Quest van from the dealership to test fit. The part number was 40222-7B000. The list price from Nissan is $12.00 each!

This part number (40222-7B000) does not fit the rear axles.

Napa Auto part#641-2785 does fit. They now cost $3.00 each. I purchased 8 of them and after pressing them all in discovered one was a different thread pitch. Someone must have dropped one in the wrong box. Now I have to go back for one more!

The stud at the top of the photo is the Nissan part, Middle is from Napa, and the bottom is the stock 280Z.

raxlestud.jpg

You need to get the Quest rear wheel studs. They have the correct knurl diameter (12.9mm). The front Quest stud has a knurl diameter of 14.3mm.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=111512

I could not find the Nissan part number anywhere in the threads. At the dealership I specified the rear stud of a Quest van and was obviously given the one for the front.

At $12.00 each I doubt anyone here is going to buy factory Nissan when you can get the Napa part for $3.00 each.

Quite a few years back I noticed the rear studs on my 240 were longer than the fronts. I got 8 longer studs from nissan motorsports for the rear hubs. (pricey) I then took the origional longer rear studs and installed them in the front hubs. Worked just right for what I needed. There was no nissan Quest at that time.