HybridZ

what oil weight to use?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm pretty sure when I ran amzoil the can said change filter at 12,500 and oil at 25,000.

Now I did'nt just read that off the can but it was 20-50 race grade(or something if it matters) if I remember right.

I believe what we have here is a failure to contemplate.

Hmmm... if the regular oil is good for 3,000 miles , then the synthetic should easily last past 300,000 miles.

Hmmmm... :?

Yep! sounds good to me!!!

:rolleyesg: :roll::rolleyesg: :roll:

I'm pretty sure when I ran amzoil the can said change filter at 12' date='500 and oil at 25,000.

Now I did'nt just read that off the can but it was 20-50 race grade(or something if it matters) if I remember right.

I believe what we have here is a failure to contemplate.

Hmmm... if the regular oil is good for 3,000 miles , then the synthetic should easily last past 300,000 miles. Yep! sounds good to me!!!

:rolleyesg: :roll::rolleyesg: :roll:[/quote']

For normal service, 12,500 or 6 months filter change / 25,000 or 1 year oil useage .

Other conditions, i.e. severe service this does not apply .

I change my oil and filter once a year .

This covers 3 maybe 4 track events and limited street use .

Maybe 1500 to 2000 miles a year for me .

With by-pass filtration and oil analysis, sythetics can be used for extended periods of time / miles .

Doug,

Took a look at your photos and it brought back some memories. My first 280Z was that same bronze color and I bonded the same 3-piece spoiler on the back. I ended up painting it a red very close to the red on your hood. Then 3 months later it got stolen.

Doug' date='

Took a look at your photos and it brought back some memories. My first 280Z was that same bronze color and I bonded the same 3-piece spoiler on the back. I ended up painting it a red very close to the red on your hood. Then 3 months later it got stolen.[/quote']

:shock:

Sorry to here about your loss Phantom .

Mine lives inside and I rarely let it out of my site when it goes out side to play so hopefully that wont happen . :D

It`s the only one I have and I`ve had it since 1982 and love it ! :D

Thanks Doug. Since I have two now, the 280Z28 lives inside or behind a security fence but the NA 83ZX is still relegated to the driveway.

Poser for you on the oil. If I only drive my car 5,000 miles per year what is my filter and oil change frequency?

Poser for you on the oil. If I only drive my car 5,000 miles per year what is my filter and oil change frequency?

Me personally, once a year .

And don`t forget that air filter ! Filtration is important !

I will say this though, because I`m a dealer I change it more than I should / could . :D

I put myself in the service service catagory . :D

That's kind of what I thought you'd say. It comes back to the build-up of acids I was talking about which is as much a time issue as mileage. I guess since I actually run about 10K/year I could change filter at 5k/6months and both at 10K/12 months. Darn filters sure are expensive but I'm not going to skimp there on this engine. I've got K&N air filter so I'll keep it fresh. Clean ai, clean oil, clean gas.