HybridZ

Headers?

Who makes a good set of headers to fit in my 70 240 355 cid? Or would I be better off to just build my own? I have built sevearal sets in the past for my other cars but it takes alot of time and a pain in the A$$. I would like to find a set that would bolt on with out having to do alot of fabrication. Pref 1-3/4" pri with a 3-1/2" collector.

1: Angle plug

2: I Dont know what the ones that are in there now are for or who made them. But they have been hammerd almost closed in several places.

3: I am fixing to change engine combo to match my camaro. After years of working with it I found the most power and consistancy with headers of that size.

4: Yes Drag Only.

5: The Mtr that is in there now. Leaving at 3400 and shifting at 7000 runs 6.30's in the 1/8 @ 108.

With the new engine combo it should run 5.80's

S&S makes a long tube block hugger header that fit my Z well. You'll have to put a dent in one primary tube to clear the steering rod but that's all I had to do. I used the JTR conversion kit. I think you can find them on the web using ss headers--They're in Arizona.