HybridZ

1994 Impala LT1 wiring diagrams

Hello,

I have tried to find some wiring diagrams for a 1994 Caprice with the LT1. I'm using the engine and trans in my 1978 280Z.

BTW, I posted a couple weeks ago about the exhaust and asked which way to go as far as the wiring harness is concerned.

Thanks to all the replies and I went with the coated D-port headers that everyone recommended. They should be here on Monday.

I have decided to wire the engine and transmission myself and have found someone who will reprogram my PCM. The main hurdle is good information. At the book store last night, I found a Chilton Camaro manual that covered the LT1 cars and it had pretty good wiring diagrams that had the color code as well as all the pin locations for each wire. It showed the PCM as having 4 plugs and was exactly what I need for the Caprice. I went in search of this book for the Caprice and they do not make one for the 94-96 models. However, Haynes makes a manual that I borrowed from a friend and the diagram shows the PCM as one plug and only gives colors. The diagram is crap. I spent a lot of time doing some reseach on the net and have not found anything, other than pin A13 of the PCM is a tach output wire!!! :lol: I have been looking on Ebay for a factory manual or anything that will work. I need this info ASAP and if anyone out there has it and is willing to help, please drop me an email. If I can get a good schematic, I can do the rest.

Thanks again,

Jake 78 lt1280Z <---hopefully soon

jpstahle@yahoo.com

Guest benjlv

Best thing to do is to go your local Chevy Dealership and purchase a Factory Service Manual for your car. I got one for my Z28 LT1 and used that to wire the PCM to the car. The manuals are very very helpful. They are pricey, but the benefits down the road will definitely pay off....trust me on this one....it's worth it!

Tim

Or you could go to Alldata.com and get a membership for that car and it will give you all the wiring diagrams! Plus all the info on that car. It's $25 for the first car and $15 for any cars after that. Its for a year membership and renewal fees are $15 a year. Its a pretty good deal if you ask me!

Guy

Helm Inc. writes the manuals for GM. Call them at 1-800-782-4356 and give them the info on your donor car, your address, and your Visa, $90-$120. Yes, I know very well that's a lot of money. It has all the info you will need in it though, and you will need a lot. Without it I could not have done my tpi swap and I just ordered another one for an LT1 swap. If you ever need to troubleshoot a problem in the future you will need it then too. So, (very politely) I will not loan it to you when I'm done. :roll: