HybridZ

P90 Head Porting realizations

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 310 tq with stock ports, stock intake, Schneider turbo cam, stock turbo and 500cc injectors. Booster controller, intercooler and megasquirt.

what a blast

How long have you been running that setup? What psi boost and cam specs?

Edited by Simeo

Doesnt matter what you do to the engine.if the head flow is stock,your wasting time and money.ive seen guys build vary expensive stroker setups and come back with 165whp...ive seen some do similar setups but have a extremely worked over cylinder head put down 260++ whp on 93 pump gas.the power with these cars is all in the head.porting an old maxima n47.then ill get it flowed.I like this head because it is a great street/budget race head.one day ill get me a p90:)

Funny, I was elated to trade a P90 for a MN47 straight up to someone who was just turning it in for core to robello...

Depending on what you're doing, the MN47 might actually be better, unless you want to spend the time/money/energy welding chambers. For my purposes, it's significantly easy to deal with the downsides of the MN47 than build up the P90 chambers for a high compression setup on a stock bottom.