HybridZ

FYI c-2 vette/c-5 suspension/engine

c-2 vette/c-5 suspension/engine

some of you have always wanted a early vette with a late model engine and trans, well heres your next project! http://home.earthlink.net/~mawj1/index.htm

and yes your correct,before anyone says something,it really a C-1, its early and the coffee has not kicked in yet, I saw that mistake just after I hit the button but it was too late then!

I agree. Some of these posts are just too distracting. I think the 58 Vette has always been my favorite. I believe that's the first year they went to the 4 headlight design. Such a simple sporting look. That's my idea of the pure American sports car. Imagine if someone dropped in a hot 383 like the one featured in the latest Car Craft mag :D . Of course we would then need a roll bar, which would break up the original smooth lines. Hard to stay on track with my ZX conversion shifty.gif .

Dan H

Agree about the distracting nature of this board. It's driving me into the poorhouse. I started out with a nice, simple conversion for not that much. Over the past couple of years, I've been talked into gigantic brakes and a killer suspension, EFI, more displacement, and the list goes on. I'm not even going to hit Grumpy's link. It's going to open up a can of worms and make me want to start a new project. A friend of mine has a 67 Vette with an LT-1 conversion. She says she can't drive it because of back surgery and that I can drive it any time I want. I'm hoping that no one tries to talk me into buying it.

Grumpy, I did it, I opened the link like you said to. All I can say is OHMIGOD!!!. You've done it to me. Screw the new T-bird. Screw any Cobra kit car. That thing is a beauty. The price of the kit isn't too bad either, considering everything. Guys, you have to click on the "interior" page. Now, I really don't care what a car looks like on the inside (or outside for that matter), I usually only care how it runs and handles. Did you see that beauty. I wannit!

silicone boy

OPEN THE DAMN LINK!.......................................................................... YOU HAVE GOT TO STAY JUST AS BROKE $$$$ WISE AS THE REST OF US OR YOU CAN,T BE A HOT RODDER!!! HAVING ANY MONEY AND BEING A HOT RODDER IS LIKE TRYING TO BE A VIRGIN WHORE....AIN,T going to HAPPEN!

Grumpy, you had me ROFL with that one! Great response!

Let's see, something like "it's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than to be a rich hotrodder!"

Ever since I saw a 53 Vette with C5 underpinnings in one of the hot rod type mags in the past year, I've been thinking, yeah, a light little sweetheart vette body with a 500hp 383 and C5 suspension/brakes would be very cool. And more exclusive than a kit cobra!

Originally posted by pparaska:

Let's see, something like "it's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle than to be a rich hotrodder!"

Ever since I saw a 53 Vette with C5 underpinnings in one of the hot rod type mags in the past year, I've been thinking, yeah, a light little sweetheart vette body with a 500hp 383 and C5 suspension/brakes would be very cool. And more exclusive than a kit cobra!

and CHEVY

Originally posted by pparaska: