HybridZ

how 'bout a turbo 13b rotary engine?

Guest bobnagga

Guest bobnagga

could that be considered a non L6 alternate 6 cylender? two rotors are like 6 cylenders...

anyways, I was wondering if there was anyone in here who has done a rotary swap? If so, I am seriously considering doing it to my '82 ZX. I just need to gather info before I start any kind of swap on my baby.

i think one person is doing it right now. do a search its been talked about alot. i personnaly would like to see it. was considering it for a while myself. I like the way a rotary souns with a big open external wastegate

I know there is some one doing it here, just cant remember who.

Good luck buddy, i have seen some awesome rotary swaps but never in a Z.

Make sure it is turbo, much cheaper to pull some serious HP from.

Sim

Again...do a search.

PLease go back and reread the rules and guidelines that I gave you a link to in another of your posts. Search a topic before posting....all this stuff has been dealt with time and time again.

Tim

No, I read just about all the postings on these forums and you have just been the most visible. Nothing personal, but if you've been reading the posts regarding rule violations, and "Admins and Mods being on a short fuse", then you will understand. More members have been banned in the last couple of weeks than in all the time I've been a member here......just food for thought.

TIm

Cant we all just get along? heh sorry to keep on hijacking an already hijacked thread but.. banning folks for askin questions.. previously asked or otherwise? if its that bad just ignore em maybe? dont read te post.. dont click the thread? people ask about stuff all the time and get jumped on in a heartbeat for not searching and half the time they later reply after getting flamed for not searching that they did search... and guess what.. this is a great website with some great people and yes, i am a newcomer but i think everyone knows the search features suck pretty bad :(

so many people are gettin all worked up about this stuff and they are coming off as serious a**holes weather they are trying to or not( tho i think some may just like chewin on people) =/

just my 2bits.. ill get ready for the ban stick beatiun' if i have angered the grumpy mods =/

Cant we all just get along? heh sorry to keep on hijacking an already hijacked thread but.. banning folks for askin questions.. previously asked or otherwise? if its that bad just ignore em maybe? dont read te post.. dont click the thread? people ask about stuff all the time and get jumped on in a heartbeat for not searching and half the time they later reply after getting flamed for not searching that they did search... and guess what.. this is a great website with some great people and yes' date=' i am a newcomer but i think everyone knows the search features suck pretty bad :(

so many people are gettin all worked up about this stuff and they are coming off as serious a**holes weather they are trying to or not( tho i think some may just like chewin on people) =/

just my 2bits.. ill get ready for the ban stick beatiun' if i have angered the grumpy mods =/[/quote']

We CAN all get along. Put yourself in the admin's shoes here - we have a large influx of new people, and to be honest, we haven't seen any questions that haven't already been answered in detail. So do the searches first, and ask specific questions. That's how we get along - there are tremendous resources here, let's not abuse them.

And, BTW, the search features do not suck. Have some patience, vary your keywords, and enjoy the results. :-D

There's been alot of talk lately about trying to get the signal to noise ratio higher here at HybridZ. No, we aren't going to ban anyone for not searching :). That's reserved for the real trouble makers.

I know the search function isn't great, but it DOES work. Take the 377 post in the Chevy forum today. I used the search engine on "377" and got a TON of stuff to read.

Why should anyone that's posted stuff have to keep answering the same questions? They probably won't do it for very long. Not using search is viewed as rude and lazy on alot of forums. Plus with google.com, etc., you could become the expert in days on these topics and actually HAVE something to add to the discussion.

As far as anyone liking to be a hard-a$$, not any admin or moderators I know of.

As far as being grumpy, not any I know of either - we're just enforcing the rules.

Guest 81na ZX
i think one person is doing it right now. do a search its been talked about alot. i personnaly would like to see it. was considering it for a while myself. I like the way a rotary souns with a big open external wastegate

It better sound better than an open NA rotary. My old 12a with minimal exhausting sounded like an industrial/commercial lawnmower!

Ya, I'm not searching, but a whole 12a is only ~16" long... the 13b is maybe 2" longer. That engine could be tucked VERY far back...

Guest bobnagga

that's strange. I did a search for rotaries and came up with a bunch of sh*t from the chevy v8Z section. I didn't search specifically for 13b because there are more b's out there and as far as I know, a couple a's.

what's rotary about a smallblock 350? or 327? or 383 stroker?

although the one talking about the fake 4 rotor was interesting...

but seriously.

what if I wanted to twin turbo a 13b? do they even make those? would I be able to get one with the ports on opposite sides? what about port&polishing? RV cams? DOHC? stroker rotaries? boring it .30 over? alternative blinker fluids? Doodads and thingamajigs? watchamakalits? doohikkies? slapstick throttles? short throw clutches? megachargers (a supercharger that is driven by the exhaust gas and increases belt speed)? chikinbrakes? 2+3's? you know. that stuff.

If you want specific questions about the rotary, go to some of the rotary forums - a much better place for your questions. Your questions show there is still an understanding gap of the rotaries. Hybridz isn't really a place to answer rotary specific questions. Now how to put that rotary in your Z? Yes, asked and answered here, and I believe two or three are doing it now,(I don't think any are doing a's).

I did a search for rotaries and came up with a bunch of sh*t from the chevy v8Z section. I didn't search specifically for 13b because there are more b's out there and as far as I know, a couple a's

Hmm, tells me to try different search terms, including 13b. Why would you not search for 13b when that is what you are looking for? Whatever garners the search results you want. As it has been said before, if you included this little gem of information in the first post, others might not have come down so hard about searching. More information earlier only helps you.

RV cams? DOHC? stroker rotaries? boring it .30 over? alternative blinker fluids? Doodads and thingamajigs? watchamakalits? doohikkies? slapstick throttles? short throw clutches? megachargers (a supercharger that is driven by the exhaust gas and increases belt speed)? chikinbrakes? 2+3's? you know. that stuff.

I seriously hope that is all tounge in cheek. Otherwise you need to do some serious research as most of that has nothing to do with a rotary.

-Bob

Exactly ANOTHER problem we have on the site... TOO many people NOT posting in the right forum...

Look guys, we understand that folks find the site or start their project and they get REALLY excited and start typing without thinking, because they are excited. This happens all the time and what do ya know, someone asks about window regulators in the Chevy forum, or Brake questions in the Turbo forum...

Now read what I just typed and then ask yourself how we got there...

Members need to take it upon themselves to police themselves... We don't provide spoons or feeding times here at HybridZ... We provide a WEALTH of knowledge for THOSE who CHOOSE to put forth a little (Honestly guys, just a little) effort.

Mike :D

Guest bobnagga

I didn't. I just typed the term in the search box and it gave me some stuff from the chevy section.

exactly. "Why search for rotary stuff in the chevy V8Z section?" that's why I put it in the alternate 6 non L6 section.

yeah. it was all just some crap I typed down. about the DOHC rotaries and stuff. I DO have some friends that will seriously talk like that, tho. I won't let 'em near my car. I had one guy tell me that the ign. coil was part of "That California smog sh*t," and If I took it out, it would run a whole lot better. "Yeah," I says, "I'll take that out as soon as I get home!"

• 1 month later...
what if I wanted to twin turbo a 13b? do they even make those?

yes

would I be able to get one with the ports on opposite sides?

no

what about port&polishing?

it's called bridge or street porting

RV cams?

doesn't exist in a rotary motor

DOHC?

doesn't have any cams

stroker rotaries? boring t .30 over?

doesn't have any pistons

alternative blinker fluids? Doodads and thingamajigs? watchamakalits? doohikkies? slapstick throttles? short throw clutches? megachargers (a supercharger that is driven by the exhaust gas and increases belt speed)? chikinbrakes? 2+3's? you know. that stuff.

i can see humor... :)