HybridZ

New Career Change...

Mikelly

After almost 7 years with BAE Systems, I'm moving on to a new company, new assignment and new job location. After the fiasco last year that was such a horrible experience, I was given several pay increases, and several new opportunities, as a sort of reward for the hell that was my HR investigation.

However, this summer my most recent boss (A SUPER Gentleman I enjoyed working for) resigned, went back to his old company, and took my resume with him. Since he is the VP for his company, getting me in the door for an interview was assumed, and took very little time. I will now be working as a senior consultant for the Intelligence Community oversite staff working congressional issues. The benefits with the new company are better, position is much higher within this company, and the pay increase is a 22K jump over my current pay. I'm also getting a signing bonus. Crazy... Who'd have thought a kid from a trailer in Orange County, Virginia would get such opportunities?

Can you say really cool Zcar projects? :shock::D

Speaking of which, the clock is ticking... I've talked to the paint shop and the chassis shop about the Street Z project car... September 15 is the closing date on selling the projects... Midnight the 15th and they go OFF the market and the street Z goes to chassis jail, and then on to paint jail!

Mike :D

mike keep the cars... Z's is what you love,.. we can all tell buy everything you do with them, and for the Z community...

stick with the Z's.. you will be so much happier... plus i bought parts from you so you gotta listen to me :D.

mike

BTW Im very happy for you.. best of luck with the new job!

As you well understand now, It amazes me how blessed we can be. Just the other day my wife and I were commenting on how our current life style in no way resembles what our humble expectations were only 5 years ago, but the blessings never end. Its great to here this good news. In a world that gives me pause when I here about other's, and their problems finding, or keeping GOOD employment, its nice to hear a good story for once.

I am currently suffering through a 76k pay cut for the last year. :cry: Living a forced Office Space style life style, its no where near as nice as the movie would make it seem. Going from high end network engineering and computer securty to roofing pretty much sucks.

That sucks man. The Dotcoms in our area really took a beating. Being a defense contractor in our area and holding clearances is the key to sustained employment in the Wash DC area.

Well there is a slight change. I was originally offered $110,000, which I signed and agreed to before going to the place where I'd be working. Then after I saw the hit on quality of life, I asked for more, $115,000 as I suspected my out of pocket healtch care was gonna raise almost that much. I also asked for a signing bonus. My former boss agreed to it, but the CEO was out of town. They came back with a compromise... Now they have made my hours a bit better, and the health care is only gonna be about $80 more per month, so I'm still getting a great gig and a 17K increase. I'm also getting a 10% increase in January as long as I'm performing as well as they suspect I will. I'm happy.

Craig, If you have a resume, shoot it to me...via email at dat74z@yahoo.com!

Mike

Mike, good to see your income and job will not prevent the Z-lifestyle from asserting itself still. From what I have seen, you would have been greatly missed around here! I personally would have asked for more to live where you do..... :shock: But that is just based on my experiences on the fringes of the military-industrial complex. I am in Iowa... and spent about 9 months last year unemployed. Then the girl friend with 2 degrees suddenly couldnt hold a job. She started doing daycare out of our house to get by, and I took a marginal job managing a cellular store. Our combined salaries dont add up to yours..... but $80K-$95K goes a long way in Iowa.... :D (BTW, gut check in progress here.... My girlfriend currently nets almost 3x as much as I do..... and worries that it is damaging to my self esteem. Heck, she works at least 3x as hard as I do.... no probs here :D )

tannji