HybridZ

paint jobs done cheap!

Guest bigjim240z

Guest bigjim240z

a good buddy and i do paint work. we perfer on cars that are more or less ready to paint, (meaning not needing alot of body work, we will do the body work too, but the price will be higher of course.) we will do the prep for paint. alot of shops are charging 2000-5000 for 2 stage paint job with a color sand and buff. if all we are doing it prepping the body, painting it and colorsanding and buffing figure 1200-1300 complete. this figure includes no body work. and this is for any z car. we use only dupont base paints and a variety of different quality clear cotes. chrome that you want to take off or emblems will need to be removed before delivery of the car. if anyone is interested im in san bernardino ca. the car would need to be left for about 1-2 weeks depending on how busy we are at the time. thanks jim

Guest bigjim240z

here is my nova we just did, its the only one i have on my computer. in these pics the car still needs colorsanding and buffing but it will give you the general idea. thanks jim nova_006.jpgnova_001.jpgnova_003.jpg

Nice job,

what will you charge for the 2 stage job with some dings/scratches removed and additionally install rear fender (one with tail lights) -- mine got a dent in it and all of the fumes go inside. Also repaint the engine bay.

So I want to know the price for a -- only some body work and repaint the exterior and b -- a + engine compartment.

You can assume I will pull everything of the engine bay such that I can save on the labour removing the engine and all of the accesories

Guest bigjim240z

well, it would be best if i saw the car to determine the amount of time it will take to do the dings and scratches. and im not really sure on what you mean by installing a rear fender and a panel with a tail light..please explain a little better if you dont mind..or better yet send me a few pics if you can? thanks jim

Guest bigjim240z

we can also do single stage jobs at a lower price. a little more than the quickie shops charge, but you will get a better job, better paint, and no paint on your chrome and glass...we will also sand your car smooth, not a quick scuff jobs like you will get at the quickie shops. .lol..ive seen some decent jobs done by the quickie shops, but the good jobs are not seen as frequently as the bad jobs..lol.

Guest bigjim240z

this car is also my work. i sold it to ron soto from this board about 2 years ago, the car is exactly as it left my house the day i sold it to ron with the exception of the wheels and the killer engine and performance mods he made. i can make your z cars paint look like this http://www.zparts.com/events/riovista2002/riovista2002/pictures/07dcp_2767.html .

I had a my zed hit from behind that hit the rear fender at slightly to the right from the Dead Center, so the bumper is wasted, the taillight was shattered (I replaced it), Now the fender has a major bump right where the taillight is mounted -- you can put a hand into the openning between the new taillight and the fender. Also, there are few other smaller bumps and twists. As well as the the fender poped of at the weld seams (about a 1/2-1 inch) long.

The rest of the car is in good condition paint looks good at 10 feet but the small scarches, shopping cart dents are there, Also, I want the engine bay repainted.

Guest bigjim240z

OK I UNDERSTAND NOW, I WOULD HAVE TO SEE THAT TO PUT A PRICE ON IT. sorry about the caps...lol..if you could send me a few pics we could do it that way, of if you want to drive it down to san bernardino one day we can meet up and ill give you an estimate. let me know. thanks jim

Jim, you did R0N's car? Man, his car is pretty sweet! If you are doing some paint jobs like that, then you are very good at what you do! Kudos to that!

It'll be a while before I can get my painted *sigh* :cry: Still have to do the JTR conversion, ugh....

Davy

Guest bigjim240z

rons car was mine, i bought it here in san bernardio bback in 1992. it was pretty much stock, i upgraded the suspention, minor motor mods and did the paint and body work. it was in great shape when i got it, the interior was perfect and the dash didnt have a mark on it. i drove it for a while then sold it to a good buddy of mine, he took real good care of it. then he got into old cadillacs and sold the z back to me. i cleaned it up a little more and drove it again for about a year. i put in a turbo setup and i loved it. then i got into trouble, i had an ******* boss and finally got tired of his crap and quit. i needed cash so i put it up for sale. ron flew in from northern ca and i picked him up at the air port. im glad i sold the car to him, he has really done a great job upgrading it and just plain taking good care of it. i see it all the time on the net, people love that car. funny thing, the only difference between the way it "LOOKS" now and when i sold it to him are the wheels. ron has upgraded the motor and drive train well beyond what i could have. (i just dont have the funds for the stuff he put under the hood) what sucks is i never see him on the boards anymore, i hope he didnt get sick of the z and sell it. i know he wasnt happy with the dyno run he did last time i spoke to him, i was quite impressed though..lol. well, thanks for the compliments on "our" work, gotta give my buddy art who is the master at painting credit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigjim240z

best i could do is 1200.00. we use dupont paint so materials alone would be 500.00, plus 50.00 for the spray booth. then we still would need to colorsand and buff the car. if you break it down, between 2 guys you can see we dont make alot of money from this. check your local macco or any paint shop for that matter and get a quote on a 2 stage paint job, using dupont paints and colorsand and buff. it will be over 2k. if your interested email me , thanks jim

• 6 years later...

I still have an account. I moved to Las Vegas and still do this work on the side as time permits. One would need to leave the car with me and be patient as i work in the convention industy now and dont do the paint thing full time. Prices have changed since 6 years ago lol. Pm me or email me at jkoch8104@msn.com with what you need done. Here are a few pic's of a car i recently built for myself.

z025.jpg

z003.jpg

z007.jpg

z006.jpg

z021-1.jpg

zcar005.jpg

Picture047.jpg

zcar006.jpg

zcar003-1.jpg