HybridZ

Any pics of Mikuni linkage?

zcarnut

Hello all;

I picked up a set of triple Mikuni's with the "shorty" Mukuni intake but the linkage parts that connect from the actuator rod on the intake to the firewall are missing.

Does anyone have any pics of their Mikuni's showing some detail of this item(s)?

I have installed several set of Webers with the Cannon intake on Z cars, but the throttle actuator rod on the Cannon intake lines up directly with the stock Z firewall linkage piece. So mating it to the Z throttle is very straightforward.

With the Mikuni intake the actuator rod is about 2" closer to the cylinder head so it doesn't line up directly with the stock throttle piece on the firewall. I’m hesitant to move any parts on the firewall until I have seen how others have accomplished this.

Thanks in advance!

I recall trying to find a piece of linkage that slid back and forth off of a 280ZX when I was trying to make the linkage work. I was using the Mikuni linkage on a Cannon manifold, and nothing was lining up, so I just gave up and went cable.

I ran a cable from a mid 80's Nissan truck. I drilled out the peened ball for the linkage on the gas pedal, then welded a small tab to the side of the pedal and used the plastic bushing that comes on the truck cable.

On the other end I just used a piece of angle aluminum to hold the cable, and moved the actuator arm to the center of the linkage and hooked it all up.

Smooth and easy.

Jon

I have Webers with an unknown manifold brand. It didn't line up to the firewall bracket so I made a new one with a rod end and a piece of aluminum angle and put it where it was needed on the firewall. Then made up the rest of the linkage back to the stock bell crank using some threaded rod and couple of small heim joints.

tomei has a manifold and linkage kit for use on our L6 engines...

310*/8.80mm lift, B spec valves, retainers, bronze valve guides, cam gear, manifold, 44mm webers

=) the manifold isnt that much at all!... i'll post pics later. the network i'm currently on doesnt allow access to out of country websites.