HybridZ

Triple Weber 40DCOE rebuild questions, cannon, nor cal

Guest Bamm Bamm

Guest Bamm Bamm

Ok so I recently bought a 74 260z from my buddy. It's been sitting for about three years now. Future plans for it are to be a full on sbc powered drag car.. BUT for the time being I plan to get it running and have fun driving it so I don't get all discouraged with how much time, money, etc it will take. Basically I know I'll lose interest if it's all torn apart for a few years. So in the meantime I'll be fixing it up to drive for now until I convert it or buy a already converted 240z=)

So the car has a triple weber 40dcoe carb setup with a cannon intake manifold and also a 280z 5 speed=).

My buddy took all the carbs off and started tearing them down to rebuild and then lost interest while he was away at college. So I'm looking for some good books to try and rebuild these things. I've rebuild Holley and Quadrajunk carbs before but have never worked with Webers. If you guys could refer me to some good books, manuals etc. that would be great OR if someone Local to me(I live in Brentwood, Northern California) lives local that knows about these and rebuilds them or wants to give me a hand etc.. that would be great.. They don't look to bad but I'm really not to sure about them..

As far as I know the engine is stock, except plug wires, exhaust. As far as I know anyways. My buddy checked the compression before pulling the carbs and one cylinder was off a bit so he adjusted the valves then they all ready the same so I'm assuming the motor is good he said it ran strong just needed to rebuild the carbs. Any help and direction would be great also. If you have pictures of these setups and also them installed that would be great I don't have any pictures of how the linkage and everything is suppsed to go together I have a brand new Weber Linkage kit still in the package but his dad was saying that for some reason the linkage isn't that great and he said the carbs would be out of sinc if I was to use the weber kit??? I dunno. any suggestions and pictures would be great.. Thanks in advance.. I did do a search and came across some useful info previous to this post..

Thanks

Dan