HybridZ

Hemi Monteverdi

dot

Guest BigWhyteDude

all i have to say is :shock: What kind of engine is that? better question what kind of car is that???

hmm since i looked at the pic of the engine and your tittle im gonna assume it is a mopar hemi 427??

The car is a Monteverdi Hai. It came out of Switzerland in the early seventies. The design is by Peter Monteverdi, another one of those guys like Lamborghini who after getting into ‘words†with Ferrari decided to build his own supper car. He needed an engine an asked Chrysler for their 426 Hemi. Imagine 450BHP in a 2750lb car. This one is now in California.

I got to thinking after reading some of the odd posts this that a mid engine Z would probably look like this inside. Say with an early Elderado or Riviera front wheel drive……Naw never mind, bad idea.

Cheers…:::Glenn

The car looks killer! As long as the doghouse was insulated and reasonably strong, the sound would not be too intrusive, nor would the heat, and the belts (possibly) coming off would not be an issue for safety. It's a very cool car with a great engine. I like it :D

Davy

Beautiful car-too bad AMC wimped out or we would have had an Italian mid-engined car w/an American V8...besides the Pantera.

The picture of the car you posted looks similar to the 1970 Prototype AMX/3 Sports Car that AMC never put into production....only AMC never thought of a Hemi :shock:

BTW: according to the first post below-AMC actually released their Prototype prior to Ford releasing their Pantera...hmmm-didnt know that(?).

For those of you who have never seen the AMX/3 go to

http://www.amxfiles.com/amc/amx3.html

http://www.prismacars.com/AMX3%20Photo%20Page.htm

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

I want it! Even though there are a lot of high hp cars on this site that weigh 2700 lb, having that elephant engine in the middle of the car must make it stick like its on tracks :-D . For what its worth, the hemi was rated at 425 hp, but the same engine out of a crate (the Marine version) was rated at 525 hp.

The problem with putting an Eldorado or Toronado in the trunk is that you basicly end up with a rear engine car. Most of the weight is behind the axels. They would be great for traction, but the steering would really push. What is really neat though is that all the weight is on the drive tires. with a shift kit, and all the cusions taken out of the clutch packs in the tranny, the toronado with the 400 hp 455 would literally rip the sidewalls out of the tires.