HybridZ

What do you think of the SDS EIC?

BRAD D

I would intercool it before doing anything else.

double digits of boost on stock system w/0 intercooler isnt good.

I have run 15-18psi of boost with j pipe, on full tanks of 110/91 , really high fuel pressure, retarded timing, and visions of money racing on my mind. didnt ping, but wasnt the safest setup either.

"oh no intercooler, 40 dollar race, sure" :twisted:

ah yes.

Guest bastaad525

yeah but I'm not even THINKING of 15psi, like I said, 12psi MAX w/o the intercooler. And mind you, I'm NEVER on it full throttle for more than MAYBE 3 seconds at a time. I think I've only held it further than that once when I was doing a balls out 0-60 run. Ah well... I most likely wont end up ever trying it... even the slightest chance that I'd be posing risk to this new engine and I feel it's just not worth it. Funny though I really expected someone here to say "yeah I've run 12psi with extra fuel and no I/C and it's safe". No big deal I probably wouldn't have felt much difference from the extra 2psi anyways... T3 pretty much goes downhill after 10psi right?

Guest bastaad525

I MAY do one of the water/alcholol injection systems... it looks easy and cheap, but also risky... not too risky, but again, even slight chance of messing up my new engine really gets me worried.

Brad, generally you'll buy the turbo complete.

The exhaust side would likely be very similar to the nissan T3, but with a more efficient wheel.

The Compressor side is from a full T04 compressor. Jam the two sides together and you have a hybrid turbo.

There are a bazillion combinations, so saying what PSI it is good for is sortof meaningless. Generally these turbos are considered to be a really good street option because they spool fast, and move lots of air. Its easy to build a T3/T04 hybrid that will support 450rwhp... whether the L6 engine will support that is another question.

Bernardd, hey how is it going? Put the Z away yet?

As for my bud with the 240SX, we just want to run 6-7psi first then we will up geade the injectors and the ECU or add a AFC.

Whay kind of parts do you have? I hear a Cobra MAF will work as well as 300ZX 370cc injectors

Bernardd I have one more Q for you.

What is your turbo made up of.

T3 side from?

t4 side from?

what is the trim and A/R?

and if you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back? you got it from Western turbo right?

Thanks.

Ps you should put your 1/4 times in your Signature, I think they are worth bragging about. 8)