HybridZ

T-56 to a T-5 bellhousing

Guest Grenade300

Guest Grenade300

Hey guys, I just found a website that sells a T-56 transmission and adaptor plate so you can mount a T-56 to a T-5 or other bellhousing, which means that you can use a T-5 clutch assembly(YAHOO). I also found out that the weird electronic speedo sensor on the LT1 and LS1 T-56 is something that Tremmec did only for GM trannys, so these T-56 trannys heve an output for a regular gear driven speedo cable. This website also sells the Dodge Viper T-56 tranny(550 ftlb capable) and adaptor plate to mount it to a chevy 5 speed bellhousing for all of you nuts who want to achieve those insane torque ratings but worry about your trannys busting. I don't know if you'll have seen this site or not, but check it out. The regular T-56(450 ftlb capable) and adaptor plate goes for about $2000 and the Viper tranny goes for about $2500.

Love this website, This is my first posting here so gimme some feedback on this info.

The website is http://www.ddperformance.com

• 4 years later...

This is another excellent source of 5 and 6 speed tranny info

http://www.5speedtransmissions.com/

The GM version of the TKO trans has both electronic and mechanical speedo outputs and will bolt up anywhere a muncie trans did. Torque rating is higher than the LS/LT T56 variants and almost as high as the $3200 Viper T56, yet is only $2000. You do lose a gear and many people complain about the shift feel.