HybridZ

Guess what? No spark.

Guest DatsunFriek

Guest DatsunFriek

My buddy and i just dropped an '83 turbo motor into my 72 and we just got everything hooked up. Well we are getting no spark. I was wonderin if somebody could write down a little list of "did you check this" because I'm kinda stuck. I cant wait to get this thing started.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using the 83's Distributor and Ignition system...if so,

Whose car's ignition system are you using...the 83's or the 72's?

Not to familiar w/the 72 circutry. I seem to remember it has a dual points distributor. That is about all I remember from when I owned a 73 umpteen years ago.

Does the 72 electrical system have an ignition module or ignition relay(?) if so I would check those areas first along w/confirming your ignition switch (the thing activated when the key is turned on) is getting fire.

I know the 280's source and feed/source wires to the circuit were the majority of times either larger white wires are white w/a red stripe.

Sounds like you need to give us a few more details-like, how much of the old car's wiring still remains and how much of the newer car's wiring did you splice in to the old car.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

hey cleave how are you doing in the middle of the ocean me i am fine

on the wiring of the 72 240 all we are using is the harness for the fuel injection system that came out of the 83zxt

the hot wire that hooks up to the old coil is going to the new coil for the fuel injectin system

now everything is hooked up right but i am not getting any spark and i looked at almost all the links on no spark in the archives and none relate to what is hapening to the car so if you could help out with this problem that i am having i would surely apprecinate it