HybridZ

Got a heart and soul for my Z!!!!

:D I was in WV with my girlfriend of a few years over this past holiday weekend and her parents had a 1985 Olds Delta 88 sitting beside their shed w/o tags. I asked what their plans were for it and they said it was pretty well trashed and couldn't pass inspection anymore because of exhaust, rust, wipers, bad wiring in the brake and turn signal lights ect.. I asked about the engine and tranny and they said it ran like a top and drove great when they last had it on the road in 2002. New engine was put in 40k ago. So her father and I took out about a gallon of gas and poured it in ( they had even drained the gas and run it dry when they parked it). turned the key and she fired right up. Its got a 307 SBC topped with a 4 bbl carb, backed by a 200r4 with .67 OD gear from what I've found. even has A/C and cruise. And best of all it had the perfect price---Freebie!!! Told me it was all mine if I could use it. So my 1975 280Z will be getting life forced back into it this spring. But for the time being I will have to continue to settle for my 76' 280z daily driver I bought a few weeks ago ( another good deal rust free undercarriage only problem was a faulty fuel pump and bad ground on the FI harness, it fired right up with new gas after sitting for 4 years price $525). I'm sure I will be back with plently of posts once I dive in head first with the conversion in a few months after the paint and interior are finished. So I am going to thank everyone on this page in advance since you all have helded so many in the past including myself and for the help I am going to need once I start troubleshooting. Thanks again and wish me luck :wink:

Guest Z-rific

To my understanding, Olds and Chevy are very different. Parts are not interchangeable. And the motor mounts may be in different places. And they use different trannies.

I have a 1970 Olds Rocket 350 behind my garage that I've considered building strong and putting in my Z. The cost to build them is probably 50% more than a Chevy. But they are just a little lighter and have a shorter stroke than a Chevy 350.

Of course, you'd have to paint it gold. :D