HybridZ

Oldmobile 307 engine mount question

Fastzdriver

I recently got a 1985 Olds Delta 88 with a 307 v-8 and 200r4 tranny for my donor car for my 1975 280Z I am converting and am wondering whether or not the mounts on the 307 are the same as a SBC. I plan on using the JTR kit but I want to make sure it will work before I order it, because if it wont I will simply fabricate the parts myself. Also if anyone knows if the heads from/for the Olds 350 engines will fit the 307 (it has terrible flow ratings from what i have found). Or if anyine knows of a good Oldsmobile forum they could direct me too that would be great. And one other thing when I look up the engine online under a rebuilt engine site it says that engine will work in cars from 1985-90 such as the Buick Lasabre, BUICK REGAL LIMITED, 1986 CHEVY CAPRICE CLASSIC, 1988 PONTIAC SAFARI, 1986 PONTIAC PARISIENNE, and there are about 40 more on the list i will put the link below if any of you want to check it out. So far I have been able to confirm the the block does have a high nickel content which is good, also it has the same stroke as a 327 so if I bore it out and swap the pistons I could have a pretty decent 327 on my hands, and since I plan on using it as a daily driver the 200r4 should work out great and I can definately deal the the .67 OD gear with my stock 3.54 R200 diff. Basically I am just looking for a confirmation from those who know a bit more than myself. Thanks in advance for any input you all can offer,

Here is the link for the remanifactured engine and all the different makes and models it will fit

http://www.rebuilt-auto-engines.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=229&p_catid=111

Guest grinsha

The motor mounts on the 307 are different than the ones on the SBC. There are three bolts in line along the side of the block instead of the triangle pattern.

I am not sure but i think that olds 350 heads will work on the 307. The blocks are the same.

You might have trouble with the stock iron exhaust manifolds. the passenger side will dump right into the frame.

Guest grinsha

I think that the website with the engines is a little screwed up. The chevy cars would have the 305. The oldsmobile and buicks would have the olds 307. I dont know about the pontiacs and caddilacs. They probably bnunched all of the 5.0 liter GM cars together and assumed they had the same engine.