HybridZ

rare rare wheels for a Z.

Guest ON3GO

mike,

I think that wheels on that 240SX are five lug Work wheels. but i could be wrong.

i have a set of 14s right now that have that old school look, I was going to paint the centers red and polish the lip, might still do that if nobody buys my 73.

laterZ

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*EDIT: links fixed!

mike, here are some shots of the oldskools:

http://www.resizeme.com/index.cfm?pg=browsealbums&albumid=274

also, check out these wheels i just bought today....never guess how much i paid. anywho, I think im pulling the turbo car out of the paint shop next week, looks like im going to paint her myself, probably white. think these would look good (mind you, these would be temporay until i can afford some deepdish volks, or work wheels)

http://www.resizeme.com/index.cfm?pg=browsealbums&albumid=273

rock-on-don-docken!

These are more often seen on 510's but they are very oldschool, and you wont see them at your local z club meeting. They are the American Racing libre's. With a black or body color center, and a polished lip they look great. I have these in 14in on my car and love them.

libre.JPG

BREside.jpg

This is the best pic of my car i can get right now, as the car is not running so i cant get it outta the garage.

fa357a05.jpg

Spark.. the links just go to a page where there are 3 ablums.

are you taken about the 4 spoke wheels?

i like them alot, very oldschool.

i found abunch of pics of oldschool wheels i want, now i just have to find a place to BUY THEM!

ill post some now!

mike

those links are working for me. should try again.

im still working on the car that im selling, If i manage to finish the body work before somebody buys it im going to paint it flat black, and then paint the oldskool rims with a cherry red center. well see how she looks.

-S

yeah you could use them with adapaters, but i just love deep dish wheels, real old school wheels.

im trying to build a Z that they would back in the 70's and 80's.

mike

yeah you could use them with adapaters' date=' but i just love deep dish wheels, real old school wheels.

im trying to build a Z that they would back in the 70's and 80's.

mike[/quote']

Thanx for helping knock some sense into me ON3G0. I just sold my 17"s off my car that were going to need adapters on the front, they were silvia type and not OG style. This thread and some conversations Ive been having with some of my friends have me on the same tip with my turboz! By god, im gonna find some rims that dont need adapters and scream 70-80s power!!! Hopefully I can find some in 16s that arent panasport, I have enough friends in the import business to make something happen im sure. This was the clincher: One of my buddies, a LONG time honda guy, just bought a 240z, and I told him about adapters to run newer aftermarket wheels, and he screamed at me like "Hell no, Im gettin centerlines with the white letter 60 series tires baby!" He made me understand that having the different looking older car isnt something that I want to change, its something that I want to cherish. I dont want to look like a newer car, I want newer cars to wanna look like me!!! Sorry Ross, no wheel adapters that I can see are in my future, but the rear brakes bracket, z31 cv adapter, and the 4x4 spacer definitely is! Im keeping all the modern day tech in the brakes, the power, and the music, and everything else is pure old school :rockon:

no problem man.. :)

i kinda wish i could go pure oldschool on my green Z but the CCWs and etc arent so bad.

this Z im now looking into is gonna be PURE oldschool. if the top tuners back in the day in japan didnt use those parts im not putting them on the car.

so far i came to the idea of this.

the car will be..

RHD

15inch wheels that are wide with small thin tires :).

lots of toe in :)

lots of vinyl.

ZG flares (again lol)

and a old school turbo kit, like i posted before in the buy/sell forums.

thats what i have to work on so far.

if you could help me find some wheels when the time comes it would be great as i have no connections.

mike

Guest jjohart

Can anyone ID the size brand and style name, if any, for that whole long scroll down of Japanese wheels On3go posted with Deep? What an excellent quiz!

I vaguely understand that some of the wheels are Watanabe, which I find fairly boring..I don't understand any real difference between them and the 14"/16 Panasports, except maybe for the one with the chrome rim trim. They look like radiator feet to me!

There are obviously some SSR Star Sports, but that is a pretty generic descriptor. None of them look like the OEM Nissan 280Z Star Sport wheel, so who the hell knows if they'll fit any car (a 510? NO thanks!).

What I am most curious about are a couple of ones that are painted red. The nicest one IMHO, is the one that is a buncha curved fins, almost bird or aernautical! There's another with sort of calligraphy/swirly lines that are also kind of unusual, almost feminine...you won't see that on most boy racer Z's old school or new!!

Any further insights would be interesting!! It is weird how some of those unusual wheels seem almost to have a middle to far Eastern look about them, or do I sound like Wheel Architecture Digest 101?

Bye

John