HybridZ

LS1 update pics

Phantom, i used a street and performance intake and what i am finding out is that i pull in approx 190 degree air when i am not moving at operating temperature. After gaining some speed it does drop to about 100 degrees. After reading some forum i was told that 1% HP drop every 10 degrees above ambiant air temp. I like what mas28O did and sure will keep HP up when he hits operating temperature.

My problem is that i have an electrical center and coolant overflow on the passanger side. I am going to try to use a cupple of 45 and 90's to get out on the drivers side. Also another idea was to punch out a hole in the wheelwell

Any other ideas???

My Picshttp://fp2k.redshift.com/briguy280z/

Guest MistaFosta
Briguy280Z It looks like you are not using the MAF? Did you program it out? It also looks like you have a 1998 LS1 just like Phantom.

Its actually built in to the air cleaner..

You can find it on that site I sent you a link to.

Briguy,

It's not real clear from the pictures but it looks like you can hang a left coming out of the MAF and go under the upper heater hose to the hole on the drivers side of the radiator, out through it, and then in front of the radiator. On mine the turn was made before the MAF and the MAF was installed on the length running crosswise toward the drivers side of the car.

The HP loss is about 1% for each 20°F so 90° would be worth about 4.5% or around 15 HP on the LS1. That is really cheap HP.

Yea the MAF is apart of the air cleaner, nice little setup but pulls in to much hot air. Speed and Performace parts in Arizona

Nion, i tossed that shifter about 5 months ago i use a lou's short stick with a hurst nob. That one was made up to be able to drive the car....i should of saved it so i could sent it to you :wink:

Well thats not so bad i guess...i plan on dyno sometime next month...finishing odds and ends before MotorSports Car show

No programming has been done to the computer, it is stock and i rewired the harness....suprised everything works HEHEHE

mas280.... You said in an earlier reply that you made your mounts. Can you give some detail (or close up pics!) of how you did it. From what I see in your picture, they're really clean looking. I'd rather copy a good plan than some of the other junk I've seen. Thanks!

Ouch now that really hurts, my motor mounts look like junk, jeromio's and maichor's too. Copying a good plan is one thing but putting someone elses design down just cuz u don't like it is another. I think everyone did a great job with the motor mounts with how many swaps involving a LS-1 in a Z-car. Design your own if you think you can do better!!! WE ARE HERE TO HELP NOT PUT EVERYONE ELSES DOWN BECAUSE WE DID IT DIFFERENTLY.:twisted:

Briguy280Z

I would have to say that is too blunt. I do not think that there is one right way to mount the LS1 into the Z. I was going to use JOHNS CAR mounts but when I talked to them they where very rude. I will post some pics tonight, try to keep a open mind.

Mike

Briguy,

Hey, I wasn't trashing your work or anyone elses. Not my style. I probably should have been a little more specific. It's hard to see in his pictures, but it looks like he's got one piece mounts. The JTR style with stacked spacers just doesn't look as clean to me. I haven't been through everyones pictures yet, and maybe there's others that are even better. I'm just trying to see what everyone else has used before I get started. No offense intended!